Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Cheeses

Discussion in 'Foodie's Corner' started by LTS3, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Winchester

Winchester TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    Nope, nope, nope. I use it in tiramisu. But I don't eat tiramisu. Rick does!

I, too, live about 60 miles away from our nearest Trader Joe's. When we go, I try to make it worth my time. But I do love TJ's!

2. LTS3

LTS3 Thread Starter TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Aug 29, 2014
    USA
    I work near a TJs so sometimes I'll stop by after work on a weekend (figure might as well shop instead of waiting half an hour or more for the next bus) to stock up on Maple Pecan Granola Clusters, candy, and chocolates. I occasionally browse the cheese selection but have never seen a bacon one. Selection may vary among stores.

3. LuvDeezKittez

LuvDeezKittez TCS Member Adult Cat

Jan 21, 2019
    Maryland
    I bet Mollipop wouldn't turn down a lick or two! Then again, maybe not.. cats can't taste sweet things right?

4. Lari

Lari TCS Member Top Cat

Nov 18, 2017
    I ate at an Egg Harbor Cafe (I think) last Sunday, and one of the specials that I totally ordered was this challa French toast with mascarpone, strawberries, bananas and nutella. Yum!

LuvDeezKittez purraised this.

5. artiemom

artiemom Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart Top Cat

Dec 22, 2014
    near Boston
    I had the bacon cheddar cheese in an omelet... OMG... so good... delish..

May have it again today... and use up the cheese...

LuvDeezKittez purraised this.

6. foxxycat

foxxycat TCS Member Top Cat

Feta is a good cheese. Good on Pizza or in omelets..hard to explain the flavor-it's rich and crumbly. I add it to my italian salad dressing to give it a Greek twist. so good! In my house we love most cheeses! I prefer a stinky SHARP cheddar. Chabots seriously extra sharp tastes reallly good in home made mac and cheese along with bacon bits n ham cubes...

(runs off to slice up some more cheese)....

micknsnicks2mom, mama africa and 1 bruce 1 purraised this.

7. 1 bruce 1

1 bruce 1 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 8, 2016
    Feta that comes in crumbles tastes a little different to me than the chunk feta you can buy. If someone has never had feta, I'd vote on the full fat pre-crumbled stuff because it looks nicer, neater, etc. The chunk feta (unless you love feta) can look unappetizing, it's a big ol' block of cheese that's in a watery brine type thing. But so delicious.
    Melted pepper jack :yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy: It makes a toasted cheese sandwich that bites back a little. It's a sandwich with spurs :thumbsup:

8. islander

islander TCS Member Adult Cat

Feb 1, 2019
    My special favourite at Christmas is Wensleydale with cranberries.. A rich creamy cheese.

micknsnicks2mom and muffy purraised this.

9. LuvDeezKittez

LuvDeezKittez TCS Member Adult Cat

Jan 21, 2019
    Maryland
    Something new and funny was in the cheese section at my grocery store today... Taco Bell Shredded Cheese! o_O I thought "How stupid!" So of course I bought two bags to try. :lol: Have you guys seen this? Tasted it?
    taco-bell-cheese.jpg

Attached Files:

10. LTS3

Aug 29, 2014
    USA
    Today's store samples were appenzeller cheese and an unlabeled tray of a soft cheese covered in herbs. The appenzeller cheese was good :yummy: I still have cheese from last time, the goat cheese and the cheddar, so I didn't buy any cheese today.

11. blueyedgirl5946

blueyedgirl5946 TCS Member Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    I really haven't branched out too much with cheeses. I like sharp cheddar for my piemento cheese and sandwiches.

12. PushPurrCatPaws

PushPurrCatPaws TCS Member Top Cat

May 22, 2015
    I just found this thread. Yum.

:yeah: :yeah:

I like the sheep's milk feta the best. :drool: Yum!!

13. PushPurrCatPaws

PushPurrCatPaws TCS Member Top Cat

May 22, 2015
    Tillamook's my favorite local cheese.

There was a first ever National Cheddar Day on Feb. 13th but I missed it! I'll go eat some cheddar now to celebrate.

14. LTS3

Aug 29, 2014
    USA
    This week's cheese special and sample is Sfizio Crotenese. It's pretty good :yummy:

15. LTS3

Aug 29, 2014
    USA
    Recent cheese samples were challenhocker and schnebelhorn, both Swiss cheeses. They both tasted the same to me.

orange&white purraised this.