Cheap/easily washable beds for a pee monster

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gizmo-sama is my wobbly, anxious, peeing outside the box monster. Any suggestions for cheap and easily washable beds for him?

(Yes, he has been to the vet many, many times. He's handicapped, has been through many owners, has anxiety issues, and some genius had him declawed at some point. Right now he lives in a spare bedroom while I'm gone during the day and comes out at night wearing his Joybies to prevent messes. He's going to be a life-long management sort of case so I need to get more ideas of affordable supplies for him.)

sam9549

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just laughed when I read pee monster. My girl is sleep peeing and driving me nuts. Thanks for the laugh!! Right now I'm doubling up on my waterproof mattress cover and using a laundry soap additive from Petco.

Does anxiety cause sleep peeing that you know of?

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vetbed (Original or Gold) is fantastic for this kind of thing. It's soft, warm, machine washable and will draw the moisture down to its base - keeping the top dry for the cat. It's not the cheapest bed out there, but it does work, and lasts for years.

This is the nearest to an American site that I can find (it's a UK product) http://www.vetbedcanada.com

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Could you use a small plastic dog bed padded with towels? Both crippled cats (one meanwhile adopted) and several arthritic cats at the shelter really like(d) them, and the towels are very easy to wash. The oval shape and low entrance make them both cozy and easily accessible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just laughed when I read pee monster. My girl is sleep peeing and driving me nuts. Thanks for the laugh!! Right now I'm doubling up on my waterproof mattress cover and using a laundry soap additive from Petco.

Does anxiety cause sleep peeing that you know of?
Not that I know of? He doesn't sleep pee, he just prefers to pee on soft surfaces about 30% of the time. After more than a year, I've trained him to pee on puppy pads the other 70% of the time. 

Gizmo's fave things to pee on include towels, cat beds, plastic bags, sheets, clothes, carpet, furniture, rugs, drapes...pretty much anything he can get at. Thus the Joybies if he is out and around the house.

I had a futon in his room that I got for free from the neighbors and put a waterproof mattress pad on it, plus a puppy pad over that. He managed to ruin that futon mattress in about 4 months.