Charlie: The Food Trial Diaries (ibd / Food Allergy (sensitivity) Or Stress)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know right - I might frame that Urine report I'm so excited about it.

I will try that too. Remember he is stubborn so I might be almost having to force feed the food in him. Gently of course - but yeah.

Example:

He'll eat only one hairball treatment and it has to be.. not joking here - off a sliver spoon. Oh how I wish I was kidding about that.

Last edited:

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a picky eater boycat and his fav wet food of all I've tried is Trader Joes Turkey Giblets at 79 cents a can.
i'd love to be able to spend $2.50 on a 5 oz can.
Colloidal Silver has some good health benefits in humans some say so maybe hes on to something?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stroking his throat can make him respond by swallowing. That is a reflex and I was instructed to do that with Sarah when she had problems as a little one. It worked! Charlie may not appreciate the taste or texture but perhaps he will swallow. Silver spoon? Well aren’t all cats supposed to be born with one of those? No wonder he likes that. It reminds him of kitten days and motherly love. Whatever works! If the food was nearly liquid, do you suppose he would take a Kitten bottle? Delivery methods might change his mind and it might put the taste at the back of his mouth. At taste buds are supposed to be at the tip, sides and back of the tongue. Anything bitter can make them feel that it is toxic as in nature. Bad things can taste bitter. They don’t have near as many taste buds as humans so smell is a strong determine factor in accepting or rejecting food. It may be a bit “out of the box thinking” but a bottle might help to get smell Past his nose. If you can cover/alter smell in any way, it might help. Eau du yummy? C’mon Charlie! Great urine but accept something!
Anything on the duck egg idea?

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have been using Pet Naturals hairball chews and if I forget to use them in a week or two we have hairballs.
It has zero petroleum products chicken liver flavor must be the key to its palatability. Also 30mg of omega 3s in two chews.
They love this hair catching mitt and it saves the vacuum cleaner, my nose, and their tummys from a lot of hair.
hibou and the giant hairball.JPG

Last edited: