- Feb 27, 2017
- Reaction score
- Orbassano - Italy
I think this is the way to go. At least you won't have any regrets!So what were my options, either put him to sleep/let him pass away or at least try the surgery. IF i didnt have him on insurance, i would only attempt medication then put him sleep, but since I got him on it i figured Id try one last time.
When my cat was going to face her surgery for her second carcinoma, I was told that the chances of surviving both the surgery itself and the next 3 days were poor, about 50-50.So the only real hurdle is getting through surgery, and then that 1st week approx after for that possible leakage. I am scared to death, knowing the real possibilty that this may be CHarlies final days if it doesnt go well, but at the same time I know by that point Ive tried my best.
I knew I was going to sentence her to death by my own hands by putting her through that, but I also knew she would have died anyway if I wouldn't try. So I decided to try and do my best, at least we would have tried.
Keep in mind that when I was told that the chances were 50-50, my cat had been hospitalized for 3 days and that I hadn't been able to see her since because the doctors said she would have had too high emotions and they would have make the surgery fail. She would need peace and relax before that.
She made it, she survived the surgery, she survived the first three days, she came back home. This made me feel so powerful.
Charlie will make it too, and you will feel as powerful as I did.