Changing Nose Color

Ashley Guadarrama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my sadie is 1 year old 13 months to be exact and when i got her she had a black nose and somewhere along the road her nose turned pink with a black outline she goes to the vet monthly to get her flea preventative and they always say shes incredibly healthy does any body else have this happen to their cats nose?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_2728.GIF Ashley, it's normal. My boy had black nose too when he was a kitten and his nose started to change color when he was around 6 months old and you can see the change of his nose color in my siggy :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashley Guadarrama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 186797 Ashley, it's normal. My boy had black nose too when he was a kitten and his nose started to change color when he was around 6 months old and you can see the change of his nose color in my siggy :wink:
Thank you very much.

Attachments

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat's nose started out as completely black and then gradually starting turning pink when he was about 8 months old. As you can see from the pictures, it started out as a thin pink line at about 8 months and then began to get a little pinker. I was a little alarmed when it first started happening, but the vet said he was okay. His nose stopped changing and I assume the permanent color was set when he was about one year and six months old.

3 months
image.jpeg

about 6 months
image.jpeg

about 8 months
image.jpeg

One year, 6 months
image.jpeg

One year, 10 months
image.jpeg

Attachments