Caught Feral Kitten

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got my 6th feral kitten today from where i work. I got 3 more to get them momma kitty to get her spayed. This one looks just like my artie. Part russian blue. We've called him Church like from pet semetary. Hes about 3-4 weeks. He's still not shown himself. I have him in the bathroom and I've been talking to him and singing to him. I also told my boyfriend to do so anytime hes in there. It's only been a couple days and I know it can take even a week or two but does anyone have any recommendations to make him feel more at ease? I plan to take him to get neutered as soon as I find a cheaper shelter to do it at. My vet runs a tad high in price. I just want him to feel comfortable. I feel him being older then the other kittens we've caught it will be harder for him to become accustom to us.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Ladysnuggsble, thank you for taking in this feral kitty. Bless your heart.

Keep visiting Church and keep talking to him in a soft comforting voice and go down on your fours or sit on the floor. Make yourself as small as possible and try to exchange slow blinks with him. Have a cat wand or some treats to lure him out and get him to associate you with food.
Approach the bathroom quietly and calling out his name so that he don’t get startled when you enter.

Leave your clean unwashed clothings with him do that he can get use to your scents or your boyfriend’s scent.

Repeat the routines till he find that you are not a threat to him. Love, patience and routine are the keys to have him trust you.

Please keep posted of the progress.