Cats Really Do Learn From Each Other!

macyaji

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Rose rarely meows, whenever she is hungry she would make a weak "ah ah ah" sound. I heard Rose meow two maybe three times since I had her 3 month ago. I recently had to travel to another state for 7 days because of work, Rose stayed at my step sister's house while I was gone. My step sister also have a cat, much older than Rose. The 7 days Rose spent at my step sister's house, she had a room by herself since my step sister's cat is very territorial. There was no interaction between these two cats during the 7 day period. My step sister's cat meows A LOT. She meows whenever she is hungry, wants to cuddle, or seeing a stranger. When I brought Rose back home when I returned from my trip, I noticed she started meowing a lot too! Now she meows constantly until she gets what she wants.

Last edited:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find cat behavior amazing! Rose sounds like a sweetheart! I wish I could find more research about how cats use their voices to communicate. Now that Rose is meowing, you can listen for different variations in her meows in different situations. Sometimes, I can even go back and forth with my cat as if we were conversing. That is, she will meow, I will respond and so on.... :catrub:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My cat Rose rarely meows..............When I brought Rose back home when I returned from my trip, I noticed she started meowing a lot too! Now she meows constantly until she gets what she wants.
This is what we call copycat! :lol: :flail: :crackup:

This is great, she must have been influence to meow and realized that she has a beautiful voice :biggrin:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
So far all I know is the general meow & the distressed meow. I really wish I knew what he is trying to say to me, especially when I come home after work. It really seems like he's trying to tell me all about his day.

jennyc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My older kitten Abby is teaching the baby Opie how to play fetch with a string. So cute!