cats name?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Casper came to us with his name, from a friend of mine.  He was already 9-1/2, and knew his name and responded to it so there was no way we'd consider changing it.  I keep meaning to ask his prior owner why he named him that since he isn't entirely white :p

Cocoabean, was originally named Elmora  by the rescue organization we got her from, which is the name of the street of the town she was found on.  We really disliked the name, plus it was nearly identical to another internet name I have in a virtual world I'm involved with.  Would have been confusing to keep it.  I think it took nearly a month to finally settle on a name which suited her.  We usually just use Cocoa. 

Last edited:

angelamariebee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think Mollipop is the best cat name I've ever heard hahaha. Awesome. Onto my cats' names...

Snowflake- I didn't name this one. She's all black and it guess my XH thought it was ironic. I just call her Flakes and that seems fitting. Hipster almost. Because she's the origin of cool.

Penelope Pussycat- I'm not sure why I chose this name but it's the name of the cat Pepe Le Pew chases around in Looney Toons. We all just call her Penny.

Princess Camille- This is pulled from the 1989 animated movie Little Nemo- Adventures in Slumberland. Millbear- as we call her- is a tabby with not much color to her now but as a kitten she had a bright orange face and her nose is so much stubbier than any of my other cats. She reminded me, in looks, of the friendly goblins in the movie but her attitude is ALL Princess. So it's pretty fitting to her personality.

Murray "Gingerballs" Hewitt- anyone who watches Flight of the Conchords should get the reference. He's obviously an orange tabby. When he was given to me, the guy who found him mistook him for female and called "her" Ginger. I did want to keep the name though, sort of in honor of his rescuer.

Cuddles/Baby Kitty- All of my cats have been called Baby Kitty at some point. If I take in a younger cat the name transfers. I can't imagine calling any other cat Baby Kitty though after this little lady. She is a spunky, feisty, spoiled brat. My DD wanted to call her Cuddles so I let her "name" this one but she's not a Cuddles, she's a Baby Kitty.

Rita- Rita is a rescue, misplaced by Hurricane Rita in 2005. I'm not sure what cruel person decided to name her after a natural disaster. We call her Ritaburrita affectionately.

Also all of my cats end up with more random nicknames that we make up on the spot. Usually ending in "-bear": Millbear, Burrbear, Beebear. I have no idea where this comes from. It also ends up sounding slurred like "burr" instead of "bear". Like baby talk almost but without the high pitched voice. It's cat-talk. We're weird people.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Burt - As many probably can guess, was the second half of ' Burt and Erny' two twin Grey and white kittens. The ONLY difference was that the white mask on Erny's face was more symmetrical. Now only Burt is left.

Casper - Named after Casper the Ghost, he was all white when he was born. He grew up to be a beautiful 'flame point' look a like, and such a clown his nickname is 'BoBo'

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Montgomery was the tiniest kitten we've ever had. He was also the sickest kitten we've ever had and he wasn't expected to survive. I wasn't allowed to name him until he was three weeks old and when I did I gave him the biggest, longest name I could think of. He's still teeny. He'll be three next month!

mojoseph

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mostly Feral: She was the lone survivor of a feral litter living on a friend’s property. Her littermates had all been killed by a dog, so there was no way I was leaving her there. Five years later, she still usually ducks her head and gives me an affronted look when I try to pet her. She’s so shy only one or two of my friends have ever caught a glimpse of her. They call her “the mysterious, vanishing tail.” But she’s our sweetie.

Drama: A neutered, declawed (boo) stray who showed up in October, 2013. We named him Drama because every time he meows it’s the most mournful sound in the world. If you only had his voice to go by, you would immediately assume he’s all alone in this cruel world, orphaned, starving and in the depths of despair. He’s my hugger.

Mama Catss: A pregnant stray who showed up last summer. We first named her Goat, because she, well, sounds like a baby goat…. “Mehh.” But after her kitties were born, we just kept calling her “Mama” so my hubby settled on Mama Catss, to give it some musical flair. She’s a naughty little bully and Mostly Feral’s greatest foe. And my husband’s princess.

cyndilaupurrr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I couldn't decide for a few days went back and forth, then one day we were having a fun play session when

Girls just wanna have fun came on the radio and boom she became Miss Cyndi Laupurrr

And it does suit her to a T

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of my cats are all named after flowers or plants - Lotus (Lottie), Bamboo (Boo), Magnolia (Maggie) and so on. I wanted to connect my 2 passions - cats and flowers since I am a certified Master Gardener and florist and I adore my cats!

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My best friend, having just rescued three kittens and being fresh out of names (she does a lot of rescue) called them Chesterfield, Ottoman, and Sofa. This became Chester, Otto, and Sophie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't decide for a few days went back and forth, then one day we were having a fun play session when

Girls just wanna have fun came on the radio and boom she became Miss Cyndi Laupurrr

And it does suit her to a T
sweet looking kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks M, you sound like a real animal lover, hope you will study to be a Vet ??
i am not smart enough to be a vet or a good one haha. i am looking at volunteering at a local shelter and possibly becoming a assistant at a vet but i don't know yet.