Cats in heat licking each other?

Kittycatlady819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two cats, the larger of the two recently went into heat about a week ago… (she’s around 8 months old I think) now my smaller cat (about 4.5 months old) is in heat….

I’ve noticed as of late my older cat sniffs and licks the butt of the smaller cat … is this normal? My smaller cat cries and whines more when the bigger cat comes around and when the bigger cat licks her she assumes the position and yowls even louder… should I let this continue? Is it okay/normal?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's normal, they may mount each other too. They are in agony from their hormones and will continue to be like this until they are mated. if they go out of heat they will quickly go back in, within days or weeks. Please have them both spayed so they can have a relaxed stress free life. They can have three litters a year and soon you will be swimming in cats. All in heat and all having kittens. I had one little female that had 17 kittens in one year! Can you imagine two and then THEIR kittens having kittens? You CAN have them spayed in heat, but the vet must be aware of their condition. Their yowling and trying to get outside will soon drive you bonkers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittycatlady819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's normal, they may mount each other too. They are in agony from their hormones and will continue to be like this until they are mated. if they go out of heat they will quickly go back in, within days or weeks. Please have them both spayed so they can have a relaxed stress free life. They can have three litters a year and soon you will be swimming in cats. All in heat and all having kittens. I had one little female that had 17 kittens in one year! Can you imagine two and then THEIR kittens having kittens? You CAN have them spayed in heat, but the vet must be aware of their condition. Their yowling and trying to get outside will soon drive you bonkers!
thankfully they’re scheduled for next Tuesday! I just feel awful for them. I would never ever not spay/neuter my animals. :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm SO happy to hear that! Seeing all these scared homeless cats and kittens around this town makes me so sad. My husband always tells me, "You can't save them all", but I want to! I just had two spayed that were in heat, and one pregnant, :(, and they came through fine!