cats fighting when we are home

jessykalea28

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 3 yr old female (fixed) and she USED to be such a chill cat, we got a kitten (also female) almost 3 months ago and Pepper (resident cat) hates Boo with a passion, still! Apparently they only start fighting when I or my husband gets home, they're fine all day til we walk in the door. Pepper hisses and swipes at Boo every time she gets close. I don't know what to do! Help please!

miiszpsycho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds like they were introduced to each other too early. I'm not sure the proper things to do. I'm sure someone else will know

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@jessykalea28  - You need to give Boo a room of his own and restart the introduction process. @MiiSzPsycho  is right, you simply moved faster than than the cats could cope with. It's very easily done - especially in the later stages. Starting over will ultimately be the quickest route to a harmonious household.
[article="32680"]How To Successfully Introduce Cats The Ultimate Guide  [/article][article="29726"]Introducing Cats To Cats  [/article][article="29658"]The Multi Cat Household  [/article]