Cats Drinking Whole Milk

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i done a little research and apparently they say its ok to give it to them as treats at times like giving a cat tuna at times is ok out of a can i think it would be a super food for cats for weight gain if they were skinny and weak if they needed to gain plus they love it

what do you guys think of it

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cow milk can cause an upset tummy. A small spoonful as a very occasional treat might not cause any issue to some cats. There are also cat milk treats like Whiskas Cat Sip.

For weight gain and supplementation, one can try goat milk which is more tolerable to cats. Some supermarkets like Whole Foods have goat milk. Independent pet stores sell products like Primal Pet Goat Milk and The Honest Kitchen Instant Goat Milk. Kitten milk replacer is another option. There are other ways to provide supplementation for sick, weak cats such as high calorie prescription foods (yes, pretty junky but sometimes prescription food is helpful and needed temporarily).

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the operative word is CAN do this n that. my preg kitty is getting milk as a calcium supplement. 6-7 tablespoons full every day. no tummy upset, no loose stools.
not all cats are lactose intolerant.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the operative word is CAN do this n that. my preg kitty is getting milk as a calcium supplement. 6-7 tablespoons full every day. no tummy upset, no loose stools.
not all cats are lactose intolerant.
I would feed her a dish of kmr it’s much better for her or goats milk...