Cats Changing Colour?

Conniew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi,

Just a question really - I know it’s nothing to worry about but has anybody’s cat changed colour? Our Chase (formerly Pearl until “she” grew pearls haha) was born pure white and he’s slowly turning grey. His tail has gone sort of tabby grey and it’s spreading all over him - I can see stripes in with the grey too. Anyone know why this might happen? It’s not something I’ve seen before. I’ve attached pictures so you can see the change.

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's pointed---like a Siamese. You probably would have seen it on his nose first but it looks like he has a white patch over his nose :D. He also seems to have white socks; his paws would normally be dark too. Pointed cats have seasonal color changes their entire lives, and tend to get darker with age. I think he'll look a lot like a shorthaired Ragdoll while he's young.

That means he'll keep his blue eyes---bonus!

He's so cute!

SiameseMummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, very normal in pointed cats!

Here is a 4 month old tabby blue point with a 4 year old tabby seal point.

When the 4 year old arrived at 4 months he was the same colour as this kitten! Except he always had a slightly darker tail.

IMG-20180704-WA0004.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Conniew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh wow thank you! I never thought he may have something else in him - all of your cats are beautiful! I’m excited now to see his colours changing, he seems to be darker by the day.