Lynx Point Tabby

anapaula0324

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi , I recently replied to an ad and ended up with my new kitten , Smokey. I know he's a domestic short hair and is a lynx point Tabby. Just kind of curious how close his Siamese parentage could be. He was three of four colourpoints in a litter. I have no idea what his parents looked like. And I know both parents must be at least carriers for any points to be possibilities. But the majority of the litter we're points so I'm thinking maybe one of his parents had to be a Siamese of some sort , more than likely a mix.
Also just want to know opinions on whether his stripes will get darker and will he have the rings around his tail that I see so many lynx point tabbies. He actually looked lighter today but darker yesterday. Also he has blue eyes but not a deep blue more like greenish blue. They look like an icy blue to me. Seems normal for a lynx point Tabby from what I've seen but can they get lighter ? Like closer to a green or will they stay blue ?
He's young , born Aug 8 so around 6-7 weeks. I know too young to leave his litter and mom but the seller was going to re-home him either to me or another person so I'm glad I was the one who could have him. I have some nutrition questions but I'll leave that for the cat nutrition thread.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anapaula0324

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have a few grammatical errors.

anapaula0324

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh also I don't know if it's entirely visible from his pictures but he has like extra hair on the tips of his ear kind of like a Maine Coon. Only cats I've seen them on but there are probably more breeds with that.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that you haven't received any replies yet! I had a lynx point many years ago, and her coloring did darken as she got older. Your kitten is around the age when the eye color starts changing, but I don't think the color fully "matures" until 3-7 months old.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
One parent was point the other just a carrier tabby or grey. Yes he wil darken up mote with time. With these long ear hairs he will. Prob turn mediumhair even if he looks shorthair in this moment

anapaula0324

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's okay. I've actually posted in cat nutrition and have gotten some really great help :) most lynx point tabbies I see don't really have the deep blue eyes. So his will probably get lighter yu think ? Some days he looks lighter to me and others darker. It's kind of weird lol but he's awesome either way :) thanks for replying :)

anapaula0324

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful :) I'm thinking he's definitely gonna get darker just based off of all the pictures I've seen on the forums after I posted this. I was kind of hoping his tail would just stay dark and not get the rings but I can kind of see them now. It's fine either way. I still think he's a handsome cat :) his nose area seems darker than Missy's though. But most of the lynx points I've seen also have that area the same as Missy's. Does she look lighter depending on the lighting ? Because in one of her pictures her stripes look more golden than in another. Also is she especially vocal ? Because my little guy loves to talk lol it might be because he's young but just wondering.

anapaula0324

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One parent was point the other just a carrier tabby or grey. Yes he wil darken up mote with time. With these long ear hairs he will. Prob turn mediumhair even if he looks shorthair in this moment
Yes he definitely seems shorthair but I don't think I've personally seen a kitten with the extra hair at the tip. I've seen it in pictures though. It's why I asked. I was thinking that as well , that one of his parents must have been a point. I don't know for sure but I just assumed because almost the entire litter was point. I've been reading a lot of the posts. That's why I came to that conclusion.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful :) I'm thinking he's definitely gonna get darker just based off of all the pictures I've seen on the forums after I posted this. I was kind of hoping his tail would just stay dark and not get the rings but I can kind of see them now. It's fine either way. I still think he's a handsome cat :) his nose area seems darker than Missy's though. But most of the lynx points I've seen also have that area the same as Missy's. Does she look lighter depending on the lighting ? Because in one of her pictures her stripes look more golden than in another. Also is she especially vocal ? Because my little guy loves to talk lol it might be because he's young but just wondering.
It's true that the color depends on the light, but anyway she's much darker than when she was a kitten. She is very vocal; she can talk the whole day, with different sounds, meowing, chattering, chirping, ... exept at night; she is very quiet then. You can read more on her background in 'Missy's roots' on this site.
I post some more pictures of her ice blue eyes .

90.JPG IMG_3240.JPG

anapaula0324

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mama africa mama africa I'm pretty sure I came across a post about her when I was searching for info on lynx point tabbies. I read a lot before I posted on Smokey.

So far I've only heard him do the traditional meow. He's a little dog like to me. He's also still learning that night is sleep time. Some days he's good , other days not so much. And when I first typed this , I totally wanted to call his eyes ice blue. Because that's exactly the color I get when I look at his eyes. I think it's the best description for his eye color. I didn't know if anyone would think that was a weird way to describe it though.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mama africa mama africa I'm pretty sure I came across a post about her when I was searching for info on lynx point tabbies. I read a lot before I posted on Smokey.

So far I've only heard him do the traditional meow. He's a little dog like to me. He's also still learning that night is sleep time. Some days he's good , other days not so much. And when I first typed this , I totally wanted to call his eyes ice blue. Because that's exactly the color I get when I look at his eyes. I think it's the best description for his eye color. I didn't know if anyone would think that was a weird way to describe it though.
Smokey is a very cute kitten. I'm sure he will become a handsome boy. I'd like to see more pictures of him to see how his color and pattern are changing.

anapaula0324

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you :) and I'll be sure to keep posting pictures of him. I'm curious to see how his color changes as well. The ones I included are pretty recent. But this one is from today. He was laying on my daughter. He loves snuggling with her while she's asleep lol You can kind of see the rings forming on his tail. My phone's camera kind of sucks at really showing detail mama africa mama africa

Attachments

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's so cute, he looks similar to my Korin. Thanks to this site i was able to identify her breed, Lynx Point Siamese. Here are a couple of pictures of her when I first got her to now. She did darken up, but not as much as Missy. Her ears also have long hairs, but my Korin also rocks some socks. I'm also curious to see how your kitten's color changes.

IMG_8348.JPG

As of today, she is just about 6 months old.

IMG_7611.JPG

At about 3 months

IMG_6876.JPG
At around 7 weeks

IMG_8353.JPG

She was just about a week old here.

anapaula0324

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's so cute, he looks similar to my Korin. Thanks to this site i was able to identify her breed, Lynx Point Siamese. Here are a couple of pictures of her when I first got her to now. She did darken up, but not as much as Missy. Her ears also have long hairs, but my Korin also rocks some socks. I'm also curious to see how your kitten's color changes.

View attachment 198034
As of today, she is just about 6 months old.

View attachment 198033
At about 3 months

View attachment 198031 At around 7 weeks

View attachment 198037
She was just about a week old here.
She is beautiful :) I love her eyes. They get a deeper blue as you get closer to the pupil. That's how it looks from the pictures. Smokey has white on the tips of his paws but it doesn't stretch all the way like Korin's. Korin seems like she will be a lot lighter than Smokey. She's a medium hair or long hair ? Smokey has extra fur at the tips of his ears but def not like Korin.

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful :) I love her eyes. They get a deeper blue as you get closer to the pupil. That's how it looks from the pictures. Smokey has white on the tips of his paws but it doesn't stretch all the way like Korin's. Korin seems like she will be a lot lighter than Smokey. She's a medium hair or long hair ? Smokey has extra fur at the tips of his ears but def not like Korin.
She is beautiful, and I kinda think she knows it :lol:. Her eyes change depending on the light sometimes they are icy blue, and sometimes they darker in the middle, so majestic. I think she is a medium hair, but some people say short. So somewhere in between I guess.

Smokey looks like he's going to be a handsome boy, hope to see more pictures of him as he gets older.

anapaula0324

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Korinmewmew Korinmewmew Korin looks like a medium hair to me. She doesn't have the typical puffy tail but the extra hair at the ears is usually a trait of a longer haired kitty. So she might get the puffy tail later on who knows. And I do agree she has that whole regal look about her :) I'll keep updating this thread and adding pictures of Smokey. He's a good boy just trying to teach him some manners right now. He was separated early from his litter so he has a couple of issues with biting. But I'm being consistent and hopefully he'll outgrow it. Besides that , he is pretty awesome :)

I wish I could add another kitten or cat to give him company ( and also because I'm a little obsessed with all felines at this point lol ) but that will have to wait. I really want to adopt this time around. I'm hoping for a calico or tortie.

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Korinmewmew Korinmewmew Korin looks like a medium hair to me. She doesn't have the typical puffy tail but the extra hair at the ears is usually a trait of a longer haired kitty. So she might get the puffy tail later on who knows. And I do agree she has that whole regal look about her :) I'll keep updating this thread and adding pictures of Smokey. He's a good boy just trying to teach him some manners right now. He was separated early from his litter so he has a couple of issues with biting. But I'm being consistent and hopefully he'll outgrow it. Besides that , he is pretty awesome :)

I wish I could add another kitten or cat to give him company ( and also because I'm a little obsessed with all felines at this point lol ) but that will have to wait. I really want to adopt this time around. I'm hoping for a calico or tortie.
Well Korin was the only kitten in her litter and she was only 6 weeks when her mom abandoned her and I took over. She loves to bite, she's getting better but anything she doesn't like she will bite. I have a lot of trouble trimming her claws, she doesn't like to cuddle or being pet too much :(. At this point I don't know she'll grow out of biting.

I wish I can add another cat also maybe she would learn from him, but my house too small.

anapaula0324

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I actually didn't have a huge issue trimming Smokey's nails but then again he's still tiny. I'm pretty sure he's not going to like any grooming routines though. Having another cat or kitten does help curb the biting but it's not always a feasible option. For now , I'm just doing the firm no and redirecting to toys. He had litter mates but the previous owner wanted to rehome earlier and while I don't agree with rehoming before 8 weeks , I also wasn't going to let Smokey go to a diff home when I could offer him one.

Korin will more than likely outgrow it. I've read on other threads how once their kittens were a little older and calmer , they were more manageable with the biting. Also spaying or neutering helped in those situations. I'm definitely going the neutering route. I do not want a wild Smokey lol esp if I can avoid it by doing something that actually helps his health.