Catfooddb Best Dry And Wet Food

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use both places. Its a rough guess either way. The mfg does not give accurate information on the cans, or their site. they leave out the ash content, they use the min and max....so. Or the info is out of date. Several foods that i have looked up have changed their formula. Neither one of the sites can be updated as often as the mfgs out there change things. :oops: I think both give good information, we just need to be aware of those problems.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I use both places. Its a rough guess either way. The mfg does not give accurate information on the cans, or their site. they leave out the ash content, they use the min and max....so. Or the info is out of date. Several foods that i have looked up have changed their formula. Neither one of the sites can be updated as often as the mfgs out there change things. :oops: I think both give good information, we just need to be aware of those problems.
Some companies give accurate and up to date dry matter basis values on their site. Those are the only ones I purchase from.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Honestly, this is an issue with manufacturers not catfooddb. I’m aware when using catfooddb that their values are based on info available and are only rough estimates. I would rather overestimate than underestimate. The fact that you have to contact companies for correct information is what’s absurd. I don’t purchase from any company that doesn’t list accurate values on their website.
Oh yeah. I totally agree it’s a transparency issue with the manufacturers no doubt. Unfortunately I have to continue to purchase from them to keep my babies eating. I guess I’ll just have to go by what the manufacturer tells me and go from there.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I did get a reply almost immediately with the carbs values from the Rawz brand. The super weird thing is they asked me not to publish it. I have no idea why, since they readily provide it to anyone that asks. :ruminating:

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did get a reply almost immediately with the carbs values from the Rawz brand. The super weird thing is they asked me not to publish it. I have no idea why, since they readily provide it to anyone that asks. :ruminating:
That’s really weird. :think: When I emailed merrick and nutro they never asked me not to share it.