Cat yelled and walked funny but now is normal?

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not crate her. Just make sure she doesn't start running around and jumping on and off everything.. she is feeling a little pain so naturally she is going to be a little more gentle. There may come timea where you will need to redirect her. But as long as she isn't romping around and she is not just going crazy she will play some and that is fine just keep it to a minimum.
I tend to think when vets say to keep them calm it means don't be playing with them to make them run and jump.. putting her in a crate for a couple weeks will be too much stress on her. Just see how she goes, she should be fine.

Has she been running around and going crazy since she hurt herself?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not crate her. Just make sure she doesn't start running around and jumping on and off everything.. she is feeling a little pain so naturally she is going to be a little more gentle. There may come timea where you will need to redirect her. But as long as she isn't romping around and she is not just going crazy she will play some and that is fine just keep it to a minimum.
I tend to think when vets say to keep them calm it means don't be playing with them to make them run and jump.. putting her in a crate for a couple weeks will be too much stress on her. Just see how she goes, she should be fine.

Has she been running around and going crazy since she hurt herself?
The thing is that she starts feeling better and will attempt to jump on things. I have no way of getting rid of the cat trees. i tried blocking the cat trees and my other cat freaked out and started knocking down things to get back on her tree. lol

Elsa has been taking it easy since she was hurt, but im worried she will start jumping around now that shes on pain medication. I also have work the rest of the week, im not sure if i should take time off to stay home with her.

edit: I have moved all her things to the ground so its easier for her to access. and I put a small litter box for her as well.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The thing is that she starts feeling better and will attempt to jump on things. I have no way of getting rid of the cat trees. i tried blocking the cat trees and my other cat freaked out and started knocking down things to get back on her tree. lol

Elsa has been taking it easy since she was hurt, but im worried she will start jumping around now that shes on pain medication. I also have work the rest of the week, im not sure if i should take time off to stay home with her.

edit: I have moved all her things to the ground so its easier for her to access. and I put a small litter box for her as well.
I think she will be fine. The pain meds she is on may keep her calm as well.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she will be fine. The pain meds she is on may keep her calm as well.
thank you for taking the time to respond to me. I am just an overly concerned mom. Ive been watching her and she seems to know she is hurt and shes staying on the ground. Even Kitty who is the alpha cat is leaving her alone. She loves wrestling with Elsa.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you for taking the time to respond to me. I am just an overly concerned mom. Ive been watching her and she seems to know she is hurt and shes staying on the ground. Even Kitty who is the alpha cat is leaving her alone. She loves wrestling with Elsa.
Isn't that the way its supposed to be... lol We worry about every little thing.. It's normal because we are their pet parent. They depend on us for everything. We love them and they love us unconditionally.

You're more than welcome. I know sometimes for me talking to someone helps calm my nerves. You are going to be worried but Elsa should be fine. I don't think she will get the zoomies because she knows she is hurt. She might still get up on her cat tree which is ok. Just like before you took her to the vet she was taking it easy because she knows her body and knows certain activities will hurt. I think your baby girl will do just fine.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't that the way its supposed to be... lol We worry about every little thing.. It's normal because we are their pet parent. They depend on us for everything. We love them and they love us unconditionally.

You're more than welcome. I know sometimes for me talking to someone helps calm my nerves. You are going to be worried but Elsa should be fine. I don't think she will get the zoomies because she knows she is hurt. She might still get up on her cat tree which is ok. Just like before you took her to the vet she was taking it easy because she knows her body and knows certain activities will hurt. I think your baby girl will do just fine.

I think you're right. I'm treating her like a baby and she knows what she's supposed to do. Here she is relaxing on the heated pad that i put for her. I think realized it's helping her heal.

Screenshot_20230828_125109_Gallery.jpg

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you're right. I'm treating her like a baby and she knows what she's supposed to do. Here she is relaxing on the heated pad that i put for her. I think realized it's helping her heal.

View attachment 458183
I bet she is lovin that heating pad. Especially it helping ease the pain.
And don't feel bad about treating her like a baby... She is YOUR baby. I think your kitties are lucky to have you as their pet parent. You obviously care for their wellbeing and love them unconditionally. It's amazing seeing other pet parents that treat their furbabies like a part of the family. ❤❤❤❤😺😺

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet she is lovin that heating pad. Especially it helping ease the pain.
And don't feel bad about treating her like a baby... She is YOUR baby. I think your kitties are lucky to have you as their pet parent. You obviously care for their wellbeing and love them unconditionally. It's amazing seeing other pet parents that treat their furbabies like a part of the family. ❤❤❤❤😺😺
Thank you for your words. I was feeling like a bad pet mom for having money issues. I would buy them the world if i could.
My cats are definitely my family, they're my babies. Elsa has a special place in my heart. She was originally my mom's cat. My mom never liked cats, until i adopted Kitty. Next thing i know she took in Elsa. After my mom passed away i kept elsa and we've grown attached to each other.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your words. I was feeling like a bad pet mom for having money issues. I would buy them the world if i could.
My cats are definitely my family, they're my babies. Elsa has a special place in my heart. She was originally my mom's cat. My mom never liked cats, until i adopted Kitty. Next thing i know she took in Elsa. After my mom passed away i kept elsa and we've grown attached to each other.
Everyone runs into money issues. Never let that make you feel like a bad pet parent. You are doing everything for them that you can. That is what matters. You're doing great. Keep your head up. Your kitties are lucky to have you. You're an amazing pet parent!

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet said to stop giving my cat the pain medication after only 3 days. Should i be worried? She's been doing great so far. They couldn't figure out what was wrong. Just that her xrays looked normal. But they could tell she felt pain when they touched her back legs. I'm waiting for her blood test results.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What is the pain medication? Some have a three day limit. But, there are other kinds that don’t.

wiz.k

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: they don't see any broken bones. They can tell she's in pain so they told me to rest her for a couple of weeks. Trying to figure out how to do that because we're stuck in one room together. I don't want to take away the tree from my other cat cause she needs the exercise. I don't know if i should keep elsa in a crate for a couple of weeks. I have a tunnel i use for my car. It fits a cat bed and a litter box. The last time i tried that she freaked out.
How is she doing now? The "funny" walk you mention, it's quite similar to something my cat Lily did, weeks before she passed away from an underlying heart issue. I don't want to scare you, but I think the vet should perhaps run tests. Let us know how she is.