Cat With Decreased Appetite Suddenly Won't Eat Out Of Usual Bowl

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, fingers crossed that he eats his food today while you're at work. :crossfingers:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Really good news that he ate over the weekend. Mega :vibes:that he ate while you were at work today, and that he eats some more tonight. I really hope Scraggles is over the worst now. Hoping for more good news soon :crossfingers::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It unfortunately looks like we're not quite out of the woods yet - Scraggles vomited last night - so it's another anxious wait for the vet to open... :(

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He did eat while I was at work. And then he ate his dinner during the night. I go to bed early so I'm not too sure when he threw up - if it was before he ate his dinner or after I couldn't say. I have a hunch he had diarrhoea also judging by the smell from his behind this morning.

Scraggles didn't seem too out of sorts once we were up and about though - again, I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is slightly "off" I think - but he's not really showing any other symptoms of being ill.

He didn't touch his breakfast - but, like previous mornings, I've left it out for him to eat during the day.

I might give a quick description of what our normal morning routine was before this to give you an idea of his "normal" behaviour:
Normally, once my alarm goes off, Scraggles (he sleeps in the bed) starts moving around a bit, but once I actually get up he starts meowing straight away for food. He follows me downstairs and waits where I store the food. I'd feed him in the kitchen and go back upstairs to get ready. By the time I'm showered he's generally back up in the bed snoozing already. I can wander in and out of the room and he'll stay snoozing. When he first arrived he was afraid of shoes - but what I do now is wait till the last minute to put my shoes on - when Scraggles hears this, this is when he jumps up again meowing, knowing I'm about to leave the house and give him a last bit of food before I do.

To go from this to him barely eating - or even not eating everything at once is quite strange.

Have left a message with the vet, anyway - he hasn't rung me back yet, although there's not much I could be doing anyway as I'm in work...

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O noes! When Scraggles threw up, did it look like undigested food, or mostly water?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good that he ate two meals yesterday. Maybe the vomiting is just because he was off his diet for a couple of weeks and his body is adjusting to eating a closer to normal amount of food again. Let's hope so!

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It was undigested food, and quite a bit if it too, I'd say the majority of what he'd eaten.

Hopefully it's his stomach settling, he's up to eating about 60/70% of what I'm leaving out for him. :crossfingers:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was undigested food, and quite a bit if it too, I'd say the majority of what he'd eaten.

Hopefully it's his stomach settling, he's up to eating about 60/70% of what I'm leaving out for him. :crossfingers:
That's great news about his food intake picking up. :)

Hopefully the vomiting is something simple as you said. *crosses my fingers as well, and my toes, and everything else I can cross*

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Scraggles was hungry when I got home from work! - he ate some and there also doesn't seem to be any more signs of vomiting...

Hopefully it'll be the same story in the morning...  :please::please::please::please::please:Scraggies, pull through this!

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Interesting you should say that IndyJones - he certainly used to be a bit of a hoover when it came to food - and although he's eating less now maybe the speed at which he's eating it is still the same.

I have an anti gulp bowl for that that I'd stopped using since he stopped eating - but I left some of his breakfast in it this morning before leaving the house - would be great if he's happy to eat from it again.