Cat Was Vaccinated While 10 Days Pregnant...

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

Kay1416

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wasn't aware she was pregnant at that point, only noticed when she was 3 weeks in as her nipples started pinking up and she developed a rounder belly. Before this, I last brought her to be vaccined 1.5 years ago.

To be accurate she received a Feline Rhinotracheitis-Calici-Panleukopenia-Chlamydia Psittaci vaccine, if anyone is familiar with what that is. I'm now very worried that it could negatively impact the kittens. It didn't cause her to abort as she's at 30 days now and exhibiting more distinct physical pregnancy symptoms, but just scared that the fetuses might be deformed or something :(
I'm new to this site so not sure how this all works. I don't know about vaccinations while cats are pregnant. What I did learn was never vaccinate a mother cat while she is nursing. That happened to me when a woman who ran a rescue had me take mommy in for Feline Leuk and Aids testing. What she didn't tell me is that she had mommy vaccinated. All six babies came down with Limping Kitten Syndrome and it was just awful. It's a good thing they were very healthy to begin with and they all made it through this crisis. However it was back to syringe feeding, spoon feeding, antibiotics for any secondary infection, heating pad and keeping a watchful eye on them. It was a good week before they all started to feel better. They were approx 7 weeks old at this stage.