Cat vs Kitten food. Need Help

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I will look into that company. Do you have any idea how much a raw meal plan would cost a month for a kitten in regards to Stella & Chewy's. I am not too worried about price. Was just wondering what the approximate cost would be. Thank you
The easiest way to find that out is look at the company website. Keep in mind "raw meal plan" does not mean leaving out FDR kibble all day, which I advise against doing. Do you want to feed one FDR meal every day (secondary to Wellness kitten chicken), or just treats for supplemental feeding?

Jaymay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello my Name is Jim and I am a first time Cat (kitten) owner. He is a Russian Blue who is 10 weeks old. His name is Guy. He's already my best friend. Love him to bits. I have a Question regarding the Requirements that Kittens need differently than Cats.. Guy is currently on Wellness Kitten. I read that kitten food should have higher protein and fats. kitten food must contain a minimum of 22 percent protein and 8 percent fat. Adult cat foods contain a minimum of 18 percent protein and 5 percent fat.. My can of wellness has 11% protein and 6% fat... It has less fat then the regular cat food and basically the same Protein.

As I searched different Cat foods and their kitten counterparts I cannot really see any difference.. I also do not see the 22% of protein that the FDA recommends. Am I missing something... Are there any wet cat foods that meet those requirements .. My main concern was I was gonna start a Raw Frozen diet But it's for Cats not Kittens. The ingredients are
Turkey Meat, Turkey Bone, Beef Heart, Beef Liver .... What would my kitten need extra? I am so confused. I thought I was buying decent wet food with Wellness but it seems like there is no difference between Cat and Kitten.

I hope someone can help me. Am I missing something. Are Cat foods basically the same? Are there Cat foods that have a kitten formula that they say Kittens need.....

Thank you
I'm in a similar boat. My research showed that they require more calories the first year. That's about the highlight of it all. It's not good to feed an adult cat kitten food because they can become obese. But kittens won't get enough calories from adult food. Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GuyandCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The easiest way to find that out is look at the company website. Keep in mind "raw meal plan" does not mean leaving out FDR kibble all day, which I advise against doing. Do you want to feed one FDR meal every day (secondary to Wellness kitten chicken), or just treats for supplemental feeding?
My wish is to feed 100% Raw and zero Kibble..... and maybe a Quality Wet for treat ect... I bought a food dehydrator so I could maybe make some treats for him.. I just really want to do what is best for him. I never thought I was into cats... Maybe cause the people I know who own or owned them treat them as furniture... So I never really connected. That was until I got my GUY... I am so happy I found this site and u awesome cat folks

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My wish is to feed 100% Raw and zero Kibble..... and maybe a Quality Wet for treat etc... I bought a food dehydrator so I could maybe make some treats for him.. I just really want to do what is best for him. I never thought I was into cats... Maybe cause the people I know who own or owned them treat them as furniture... So I never really connected. That was until I got my GUY... I am so happy I found this site and u awesome cat folks
So the Raw and Homemade Feeding section is for you if you definitely want to go that route. Members who post in it have experiences with raw diets so they can answer many questions I would not even know to ask.

The best quality wet food brands are probably Tiki Cat and Weruva.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GuyandCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So the Raw and Homemade Feeding section is for you if you definitely want to go that route. Members who post in it have experience so they can answer many questions I would not even know to ask.

The best quality wet food brands are probably Tiki Cat and Weruva.
Thanks a Million :) Have a great night