Cat vomiting blood

LeiLatte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Waiting at emergency vet parking lot at 12:30am feeling stressed and dreading what’s to come. :( I was at work double shift (16 hours and awake since 4am) and my husband saw our cat was vomiting at home 6pm and there were also pools of blood. He fed the cats and checked later 1-2 hours later. More puddles, and she wasn’t eating and didn’t look good.

I asked him to bring her to ER and met him there, now worried about the results. Either she swallowed an object that punctured, swallowed litter, or maybe there’s a blockage, or maybe just some internal problem, or irritation from repeated vomiting. They’re doing xrays and blood tests but it’s stressful seeing other people leave quickly with their pets when we came first.

Just so disappointed I have so many pets in the past 2 years needing emergency trips. Vet offices don’t have appointments for 2-3 weeks out. Can’t afford all the bills and tests which are usually inconclusive. All my pets are young too except one. Never had a non elderly sick pet before. These things always happen after hours or when you’re not there.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry.

:hugs:

You're doing the right thing by taking her to the vet as soon as you can. I hope it's nothing too serious. Please keep us posted.

:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry to hear about your kitty. I hope she’s okay. You did the right thing taking her to the veterinarian.