Cat vomiting a lot..

purpleunicornic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey, my cat is 5 years old (persian) weighs about 8 pounds. She was healthy as recently as yesterday..today she threw up in the morning and keeps throwing up every hour or so. Sometimes it’s yellow liquid but it’s mostly white foam like stuff. She was very dehydrated so I tried giving her electrolyte solution in a syringe but she’d throw it all up after some time. She wouldn’t drink or eat, just stares at the water bowl.

My local vet clinic is closed so idk what to do..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purpleunicornic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
Do you have an emergency vet you could contact?
I did. They told me they were on vacation. They told me to give her electrolyte solution and some over the counter anti vomiting liquid solution.

I also just noticed she’d grind her teeth or make a crunching sound with her teeth before vomiting.

I wonder what’s wrong with her? I’m freaking out over here..

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Keep giving her what the vets have prescribed, I think the teeth grinding is from nausea but I'm not a vet myself. Hang in there!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kitties grind their teeth when they are nauseous, which makes sense because she's vomiting. Do you have an emergency vet clinic (not your regular vet) near you that you can call or take her to? If not, keep doing the plain baby pedialyte. You can offer plain meat baby food, chicken or turkey with no onions or garlic and see if she'll eat that. Do you have loratadine (plain Pepcid, not Pepcid AC). You can give 10 mg once a day to help settle tummy.

luda macka

meow ♡
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't want to alarm you, but these exact symptoms one of my cats had when he suffered an episode of pancreatitis. Please get your cat to an emergency vet. Even if you go to a different vet. What your cat is experiencing is NOT normal.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have loratadine (plain Pepcid, not Pepcid AC). You can give 10 mg once a day to help settle tummy.

Pepcid is famotidine, not loratadine. I would not give Pepcid without discussing with a vet. A 10 mg pill may be too much depending on how much the cat weights. My 11 lb cat only needs 2.5 mg.

I did. They told me they were on vacation. They told me to give her electrolyte solution and some over the counter anti vomiting liquid solution.
The ER vets are on vacation? ERs are supposed to be open 24/7 with a vet on site.

Can you call around to every vet hospital in your area to find a vet who can see your cat in person and run tests to determine what the issue is?

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got a lost little toy lying around? Or the habit of eating foreign objects, such as eating string? What kind of vomit is it? Does it shed frequently?