Cat Vomit :)

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two generally take care of it themselves. Often it's a result of bolting down their food too fast. One gets a warm dinner out of it (Yuck!), and I have less to wipe up afterward.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our dogs once wolfed down a huge pile of horse crap, then came inside and promptly threw it up.
Poop is gross, barf is gross, but when they eat poop then turn that poop into barf, I immediately understand your second kid puking because of what happened!
Had a nice doggy, so sweet, she'd lick you skinless all over, then go raid the catbox for kitty poop, then try to lick you skinless again. Focusing on the lips and tongue. Yours . . . . :barf:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told that the reason for cats seeking out carpet or other "rougher" surfaces, is because, and I'm sure you've all noticed this, when they wretch before it comes out, their whole body gets involved. If on a smooth surface, they can't dig in and stay still, they slide and it makes for a very awkward and uncomfortable throw-up session. So they find a surface that makes the heaving part more stable.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told that the reason for cats seeking out carpet or other "rougher" surfaces, is because, and I'm sure you've all noticed this, when they wretch before it comes out, their whole body gets involved. If on a smooth surface, they can't dig in and stay still, they slide and it makes for a very awkward and uncomfortable throw-up session. So they find a surface that makes the heaving part more stable.
TYSVM, Jem Jem , for explaining this mystery to us. Now I can rest easier, knowing that there is a VERY GOOD REASON for them choosing my one good rug to puke on. :crackup::sigh:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for all the laughs! This thread is too gross and hilarious. :) When one of my cats puke the others want a snack. I usually freak out and yell at the other cats to stay away while I run to grab some cleaner and paper towels.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay. So this morning I was musing that Baby Su never pukes, for which of course I'm grateful. I brought her in her breakfast, Soulistic chicken in gravy, and closed her door so she could eat in peace without Elvis barrelling in there, forcing her under the bed and stealing her breakfast. Opened the door awhile later to find a big pile of chicken plus treats.
*NEVER say "never"*:barf: