Cat Vomit :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I saw a feral cat vomit. When he left I went to check on that vomit and it was... My God, a tangle of just a single worm!!!

Anyway, I, too, wonder why cats always have to puke on objects (carpets, books, magazines, shoes, their cat tree...).

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know, they always have to puke on the carpet! And I always somehow manage to step in it.
That's why they invented slippers. :lol:

This morning I saw a feral cat vomit. When he left I went to check on that vomit and it was... My God, a tangle of just a single worm!!!
Yuck. That would have made ME vomit. :barf:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, but you still have to clean the puke off your slippers. :eek2:

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last night my cat came into the living room for the specific purpose of throwing up on the area rug twice (she ate too fast), then promptly leaving. And my dog ate it. Like he always does since my cat likes to throw up a little bit, try to hold it in, walk a couple steps, and throw up the rest. While I'm rushing trying to find something to put under her head in preparation for the second puke, the dog gets busy cleaning the carpet. It's disgusting.

If she throws up in my room she prefers my pillows. The worst time was about a year ago. I woke up in the middle of the night to her gagging and she threw up on one pillow and down the side of the bed. While I rushed to clean it before it soaked through the blanket, she moved to the other pillow for her second puke, once again making a mess all over it and that side of the bed. The dog did not get the privilege of cleaning it up.

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last night my cat came into the living room for the specific purpose of throwing up on the area rug twice (she ate too fast), then promptly leaving. And my dog ate it. Like he always does since my cat likes to throw up a little bit, try to hold it in, walk a couple steps, and throw up the rest. While I'm rushing trying to find something to put under her head in preparation for the second puke, the dog gets busy cleaning the carpet. It's disgusting.

If she throws up in my room she prefers my pillows. The worst time was about a year ago. I woke up in the middle of the night to her gagging and she threw up on one pillow and down the side of the bed. While I rushed to clean it before it soaked through the blanket, she moved to the other pillow for her second puke, once again making a mess all over it and that side of the bed. The dog did not get the privilege of cleaning it up.
There are some things that dogs are good for. But they are not alone.
Once, when my daughter was little she got car sick. She managed to make it home and just as we were walking up the sidewalk she finally couldn't hold it anymore and barfed her lunch. Within moments several of the cats rushed over and started snacking on the leftover lunch. Upon watching this event unfold my other child joined and barfed as well. He wasn't car sick. He just couldn't handle the barfing and the snacking. I was glad it all happened outside. So were the cats. The kids have never forgotten that little moment in time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww. Can you give the feral some de-wormer in his food?
These ferals are not there everyday, other ferals are there several times a day. If I put some dewormer in the food, there could a cat who takes two pills in a day or week, and another cat who will never take one...

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are some things that dogs are good for. But they are not alone.
Once, when my daughter was little she got car sick. She managed to make it home and just as we were walking up the sidewalk she finally couldn't hold it anymore and barfed her lunch. Within moments several of the cats rushed over and started snacking on the leftover lunch. Upon watching this event unfold my other child joined and barfed as well. He wasn't car sick. He just couldn't handle the barfing and the snacking. I was glad it all happened outside. So were the cats. The kids have never forgotten that little moment in time.
One of our dogs once wolfed down a huge pile of horse crap, then came inside and promptly threw it up.
Poop is gross, barf is gross, but when they eat poop then turn that poop into barf, I immediately understand your second kid puking because of what happened!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo will vomit at the slightest sign of stress, and he hacks and retches for quite a while before it comes up. As soon as she hears the first hack, Lily races over and watches expectantly until she can scarf the barf down. She will eat anything, and I mean anything.

This is the funniest thread I've read in a long time. :crackup:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well.
Apparently one of our guys tonight ate too fast, ate too much, stole an extra portion from a pal or just plain had a food that didn't agree because soon after feeding time we heard the tell-tale, low gutteral "mrow-row-row-row" of a cat that is about to puke. When the "URK URK URK URK" sounds started, I ran in with paper towels and he had ran to the one single rug at the back door to puke on, ignoring the easy-to-clean floor. =(

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo will vomit at the slightest sign of stress, and he hacks and retches for quite a while before it comes up. As soon as she hears the first hack, Lily races over and watches expectantly until she can scarf the barf down. She will eat anything, and I mean anything.

This is the funniest thread I've read in a long time. :crackup:
True story.
Many, MANY years ago I had a cat once puke, unbeknownst to me, on my pillow as I slept.
When I rolled over in my sleep I rolled into a combination of cold cat puke/hairball, woke up, realized what it was, and screamed like it was Jason or Freddy waltzing through my back door wielding an ax or a chainsaw.
That is no way to wake up at 4:00AM. I ran to grab some towels for clean up, wondering how much it would cost to sand blast the puke/hair off my face, and when I returned with clean up supplies, a dog I had at the time was happily snarfing down the cold, hours old puke/hair like "BREAKFAST IN BED, LOLZ YAY" and proceeded to give me a face-kiss.
I don't think I passed out but I wanted to.