Cat Tree For Maine Coon?

fromthevalley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Apollo's roughly the size of a maine coon now and he can't quite fit in the cat tree I have any more. Does anyone have any rec for a new one that'll be sturdy enough for him? I don't mind a $100-150 tree but $200+ might be out of my budget. Thanks!

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Apollo's roughly the size of a maine coon now and he can't quite fit in the cat tree I have any more. Does anyone have any rec for a new one that'll be sturdy enough for him? I don't mind a $100-150 tree but $200+ might be out of my budget. Thanks!
I need some suggestions as well! My guy is getting so big and he’s afraid to climb because it’s easy for him to fall

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please note,I had to attach our big cat tree to the wall to keep our big-un from pulling it over as he climbed up it. A couple of L brackets from home depot and some plastic inserts for the wall screws did the job. They can be seen to the left of Sonny.
IMG_2638.jpg

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you watch their sales, you might find this as low as $199. I've bought it twice from $199-229. I had to give up the first one when we moved to a smaller place, and I almost had to give up this one because we moved into a small place again, only we have it stuck in my bedroom. Tom was using it when he was 20 lbs, but now he's a highly energetic 13 lb bub. I've never had a problem with any of my cats making it up the side, even with the platforms flush.
Cat Furniture: Kitty Castle by Drs. Foster & Smith

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My 2 have surprised me by SHARING the top perch. They might have been a combined weight of 20-22lb; but that distributes it differently being 2 cats. Mooch is over 16lb now (thanks to meds) but still somehow squishes herself in the cubby. :dunno:

I had good luck getting my tree and my mother's through Ebay (both Armarkat trees) but that was +10 years ago. One of my mother's cats is half main coon (the result of an oops litter) but she's very thin and light. Her length doesn't seem to hinder her. I think she may be on the smaller size of average for length too. I'm fairly sure this is the same one my mother has. Classic Cat Tree B7701 My DS actually climbed it a good way up when he was younger. :paperbag:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fromthevalley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! (Sorry it took so long to say thanks).