cat tree for destructive kittens?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I did see these! Did you have any issues at all with them clawing at the material/ripping it up? That's my biggest worry with mine, the frisco tree I bought looks like it was the same material and they went to town scratching at it before I even finished setting it up.
I assume you need the blue one by go pet club. When my cat Maggie was 3 months old she chewed on carpet but not on the 72inch tower til 7 yrs later when the faux fur wore out. She loved it!

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, that makes me feel better! I've also seen some posts about fish or fish-flavored food being not so great for cats, but they really prefer it over the chicken I have. They will eat it, but they'd rather have the tuna and whitefish and will sometimes not eat all together if it's not that. I'm having a hard time because there are only two flavors offered by wellness and seemingly every kitten food has fish, are there any brands that don't use fish that you know of? (not sure if this warrants its own post in the health section, just thought I'd ask)

You should post on the Nutrition forum to ask about fish-free foods for kittens.

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two kittens about four months old, and I've been failing when it comes to cat trees. When I got them from the shelter, they told me their foster family had a cat tree and they loved climbing on it. But it seems like everything I put in front of the kittens now they try to eat! I was already weary before getting one because of how much they are teething right now, but I ended up buying a Frisco 65" cat tree, (which I have to return, the parts literally didn't fit together) and within 2 minutes one of my kittens was already scratching at the fabric and trying to tear it up! She almost made a hole before I moved the tree elsewhere, and they also tried to eat parts of the scratching posts that were a bit frayed. They also scratch like crazy at my carpet so I'm not sure how I feel about a carpeted cat tree either. They are also horizontal rather than vertical scratchers, so beams with scratching posts on a tree do absolutely nothing for them! Anyone have any good suggestions on cat trees for ruthless chewers/scratchers? I really want to catify because one kitten constantly stares up at my kitchen counters and cries because she wants to be up high :sniffle: I live in an apartment so I don't have the option to put anything into the walls either, the best I have right now is a window hammock for them to watch outside, and this is also a bit destroyed already because it has a soft fabric blanket on top that they claw at. Anyone have any good suggestions on cat trees/how to catify for ruthless chewers/scratchers?
Hi!
Cat trees are made to be destroyed but if you want them to destroy it slowly here it goes some advice:

- trim their nails once in a week but be extremely careful because it’s easy to trim it wrong.

-get some smaller scratches around your house, this will definitely slow down your tree’s death.

- get some smaller scratches around your house, this will definitely slow down your tree’s death.

- play with them, even though kittens play with each other if you encourage them to play and run as crazy this can make your cat’s claws not to grow as fast.

- put your cat tree next to a window, some cats like birdwatching, if yours are one of those the birds will probably distract your cats from destroying the scratcher.

-also, if the ropes of the tree are fading you can put new rope so that you don’t have to be buying expensive scratches every now and then.