Cat threw up hairball with red bits

suh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I'm currently helping my parents with their stray cats. Today one of the cats threw up this mix of a hairball, food, earthworm(?) and very red bits. I don't know if this is a cause for concern or if the bits are just 'raw meat'? I didn't see which one threw up, but they came back for dinner and all look pretty good and ate well.

I'm hoping to find a rescue to place them before winter, but if this is an emergency, will try to speed up the process.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
The only thing I can think of since these are outside cats is to keep an eye out for any more incidents, or maybe this was just a one time occurrence. The more I look at the pictures I think it was just as well it was thrown up.

I know this is somewhat controversial because some don't think it has any value, but you could add L-lysine to their diet to help boost their immune systems.

Last edited:
  • Purraise
Reactions: suh

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I'm currently helping my parents with their stray cats. Today one of the cats threw up this mix of a hairball, food, earthworm(?) and very red bits. I don't know if this is a cause for concern or if the bits are just 'raw meat'? I didn't see which one threw up, but they came back for dinner and all look pretty good and ate well.

I'm hoping to find a rescue to place them before winter, but if this is an emergency, will try to speed up the process.
Wow, that is quite a combo the cat has vomited.

• Haha
Reactions: suh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

suh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the responses! I thought it could be something they hunted but wasn't sure. (...earthworm would have been better :updown:)

Furballsmom Furballsmom I haven't thought about lysine. I used to give lysine to my previous cats with URI years ago, did help from what I can tell. Thanks for the advice!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're very welcome 🙂
Let us know how things go for you, your parents and the cats :heartshape: