Cat proof fence

Felines are superior

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have three feral cats taken off the streets. I want to rent out my apartment and rent a house somewhere else.
Problem is, my cats are used to roam the neighborhood, and they can't stay indoors for the first two weeks. They go crazy when they can't get out.
I want to proof fence the yard of the house I'll move into. I still don't know where I'll go. Just thinking about it right now.
How can I fence proof a yard in a rented home? There are rollers you can attach to the top of the fence to keep a cat falling if it leaps to the top, but the cat can jump above the rollers and land outside the fence.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jackson Galaxy recommends fence tops that angle in at a 45• angle. It’s also best to not leave your cats outside unattended. Cats are intelligent and curious which means they’ll find a way to escape, left to their own devices.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe a large catio could be an alternative to a fence? Either way, check the lease of the home to see if you are allowed to add in fencing or put a structure like a catio in the yard. Some landlords are really picky about what you can do in the yard. There may even be building permits required by the town if you are allowed to put in a new fence or structure.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Felines are superior

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
cat proof fencing - Google Search
Where I am, coyote roller type fences are used; I would not say popular, but used.
Keep Pets in and Predators Out. #1 Non-lethal Pet Protection System!
I don't know if this is what you mean but, if it is, I think that a cat would be able to simply scale the fence and then jump over the top. These work for coyotes as they need to land on the wall first, in most cases, so it prevents them from accessing the other side as they theoretically slip back down.
Good idea. But only if the fence is high enough, or the cats will leap above the rollers.