Cat Peeing Under Litter Box

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats do that but usually older ones who have arthritis in their legs and can't squat anymore.
She squatted and then stood up. I bought a new box today and will get it set up once my son wakes up from his nap (his room is beside the bathroom).

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my cat stands up and pees and I just changed the litterbox. The closed litter box had little spaces around were it was suppose to be sealed. I was putting towels all around the litter box and than washing them everyday.i now got a new covered litter box and works. I did not Know some cats stand up and pee.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just want to mention that your new litter box is similar to the first litter box I bought for Ruby - the one where the pee would leak through the seams.  It didn't happen every time, but when it did, it ran down the sides onto the floor.   Hopefully the seams are tighter on the one you bought for Mabel and all will be well.  Good luck.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
last night i was in the bathroom and bell decided to go for course standing up. No pee leeked out of my new litter box. Yahoo.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far so good. I haven't seen any pee out of the box, just litter all over the floor because she digs and throws it out.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, it's hard to keep the litter in the box!  Fingers crossed that the pee continues to stay in though.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This box seems to be working out well. She gets some litter on the floor but I just sweep it up. Much easier than cleaning pee everywhere. She managed to somehow poop down the side of it yesterday and on the wall (yuck) but that's easier to clean than pee all over the outside of the box.

alisa brown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is great! I also have a DryMat litter mat under my cat box. It is water (liquid absorbant) and washable. It not only looks nice and prevents leaks from getting to my floor but it also helps reduce tracked litter.

Good luck with your pretty kitty.