Cat Owners: What is the most ANNOYING thing, and what is your BIGGEST FEAR about owning a cat?

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The things they tear up can be annoying, but still worth it. My biggest fears are to be in a position where I cannot help my kitty and all that I do not know. TCS repairs my knowledge deficit.

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The most annoying thing to me is when they rip stuff up. They ripped the covers off my bed, ripped through the waterproof protector, and then ripped a hole in the bed and pulled the stuffing out. I put the stuffing back in but my arm still gets caught in the indent. All this while I was at the Landfill throwing away a perfectly good mattress cause I didn't need an extra... Grr.

My biggest fear will always be illness, injury, and death. Even though all three are inevitable it's my deepest desire to hold them off for as long as possible.

Attachments

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Newest most annoying thing - the kittens LOVE cut flowers. I spray them (flowers) with Bitter Apple so the don't eat the flowers anymore, but they constantly tip over the vases. :nono:

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a cat-by-cat basis.
One: Most annoying thing is that she's in my lap. I can move her 30 times a day, and she's....in my lap.
Fear: That she'll get outside and get hurt. She's sweet to the point of helpless.
Two: Annoying thing is little play attacks with teeth and claws out of nowhere.
Fear: That he breaks a window and gets to the bobcat. He's a carrier of a tick virus. If he bites the bobcat, the bobcat could die. If the bobcat bites him, he could get hurt or worse.
Three: Annoying this is she's the pissy queen and her standard greeting is a hiss. Everything is out to get her.
Fear: Any of the others meet her face to face. There will be at least one cat hurt if that happens.
and..
Four: Annoying is his need to nibble bite everything.
Fear: When the nibble isn't a nibble.

madzoya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Biggest annoyance, losing my sleep. Bruce wakes us up everyday between 4 to 5 am. I really miss my sleep.

Biggest fear. Ilness, seeing him go through what my last cat went through (one month of test and medication trial runs, to no avail).

ihave4cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 4 cats, and live in an apartment, I couldn´t do that if I feared anything about cats haha Most annoying thing, not sure, I have a lot of patience which you need with animals oof any kind. Understand fromd ay one that you do not own the cats, they own you, and nothing will annoy you. And if the cat does do something annoying, make a change and that usually fixes it, But i´ll list some annoying things for you that has happened to me with how I reacted,
1) One cat started to sleep on my pillow when i was asleep, when i woke up she had the whole pillow and I had nothing. What I did was buy another pillow and lay it next to mine, she began using that. Ocassionally she´ll steal mine when i am asleep but somehow my head manages to find the other pillow when I am asleep.
2) The cat will also sleep on my legs in the middle of the night, she´ll do this 3-4x every year, usually it is in phases like for 3-5 days at a time. It doesn´t wake me up really, but when it does i move and she gets down.
3) When I eat the cats do not bother me as I never fed them human food. But when I cook chicken the cats cannot be in the room when i eat because they go crazy for the smell.
I think it is small things like this that can bother a cat owner if they do not have patoence. I just laughed it all off. At least with my cats when they do anooying things, it always comes in phases ie 2-5 days, then they stop and act normal again.

maryah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a lovely little 10 month old blue, semi-feral origins, rescued off city streets. I adopted Rani 3 months ago, and she's made remarkable strides for the terrified condition she was in at first. She's adorable, loving, gentle, and remarkably non-destructive for a young cat!

Most annoying thing... although she's very affectionate, sleeps by me at night, enjoys several lap sessions and play sessions during the day... she absolutely freaks out at any attempt to pick her up or restrain her movement in any way. Everything has to be on her time, at her whim. I'm sure this goes back to her early experiences, and I'm humoring her as much as possible. But somehow, I HAVE to get her nails trimmed again!

Fears: Her first and only Vet trip was an experience, I dread the next one! But an even bigger fear involves her diet. She had been on dry food at the shelter, after lots of reading I've now got her transitioned over to part canned, part dry (at night) and all are high-protein grain-free low-carb choices. That seems to be the best I can do at the moment, and at least she's off the carb-loaded free-choice dry food!

After losing my last cat to disease probably brought on by her diet (Purina, Hill's, etc. kibble -- I didn't know any better!) my biggest fear is to inadvertently make a similar mistake with this one!

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with everyone about sickness and death being the thing to fear. The annoying thing? Hairballs!

josnorgren

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat behavior shifts as she grows up. When she was about 6-7 months old whenever I called her name she would turn her head and immediately run towards me. However, after her first heat, as I call her name, I know that she hears me (her ears twitch) but she just kinda ignores me. Cat's behavior.... Gahhhh!

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing annoys me about my cats, genuinely. The fear is losing them.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had 8 cats and my biggest fear was that I had no one to take care of them if I died or had a stroke and was unable to care for them anymore. None of my friends liked cats and no one in my family would offer to help.

Muffy

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Annoying thing:
Vega is food addicted. She's not picky about kibbles. As for wet food, she only likes Friskies poultry pate. I'd love to do food rotation but anytime I opened a can of something new, it feels like another boot and you never know if/when it would drop.
Fear:
Accidents of any kinds. I cat proofed everything at home. Her carrier is insight so as some food to grab in case of evacuation. And, anytime I'm leaving home, I'll be looking at her and closing the door to convince myself she is inside...

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
My biggest annoyance is she eats people food, and I can't leave food sit out or turn away from it. Like today I was eating lunch and had some cottage cheese in a bowl. I turned away and then she had her whole head in it gobbling it all down. She sticks her entire head into my cups and drinks stuff too. Always getting into the pantry. It's so annoying.

And cleaning up vomit is annoying.

My biggest fear would be her getting lost. She tries to get out all the time, and I have often had to go chasing after her to bring her back . I would be better able to handle losing her if she got sick and passed, but if she was just lost and I never found her again and never knew what became of her, that would be devastating.

Felinediablox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The only things that annoy me are: the fur that my cat leaves on the furniture, and she is destroying the couch. My biggest fear is losing her. Two of my cats died already as kittens.

ignited-red

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Howdy all!

Im soon to be getting a cat, and I'd love to chat with seasoned cat owners and find out what is the most ANNOYING thing and what is your BIGGEST FEAR about owning a cat!

I'm so excited to get my cat, but I'd like to know about the biggest frustrations to temper my excitement, and stay grounded :)

Any reply, no matter how 'silly' will help!

Thanks
Hi there,

It is a great experience that once in your lifetime, you own a cat.
It depends on yourself whether or not you are a cat person or not. If you do, you will find out that having a cat as your family members are exceptional and wonderful pet.

I am a natural born cat person. So I don't find any annoying act from my cats nor frustration at all. Even I had 3 cats at home, 2 toms and 1 queen. Everyday is an adventure for them.

However, my biggest fear of owning a cat is the "goodbye" part. That part I can't passed it very well and not sure that I can move on after the "goodbyes" Just thinking of it makes me sad already. But all pets surely will die, if only all pets could life long just like us humans *sighs*

CatheeCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well as for annoying my cat likes to chew up all my electronic cords.. chargers, my kids Xbox headsets, tv cords you name it I have had to replace so many and can now not leave him alone in a room with wires don't know what to do about this ‍♀