Cat No Longer Affectionate

oz2016

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have a two year old male tabby cat that i’ve had since he was a kitten. He was never a fan of strangers and he would often become aggressive around them, but he was never like this to me. he would cuddle with me every night and would never bite me. we got a second cat after about a year of having him and they have always gotten along great! the past few months i’ve had to go on a few long trips, overall i was probably gone for about a month. Both of the cats were fed and taken care of, but ever since i’ve come back my cuddle buddy hasn’t been so friendly to me. My other kitten seems unaffected but my older one won’t sleep or be around me and tends to bite and hiss.... any suggestions?? i miss my friendly little guy!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You'll just have to be patient, try treats, sit on the floor, read to him, and, to repeat, be patient. Also don't stress about this

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Sorry your cuddle buddy is less friendly since you had to travel. It'll probably take a him a bit of time to get used to having you around all the time, and not worrying that you'll disappear again.

Google found a lot of links about cats acting differently after their owner came back from a trip. I've never had that happen, so can't share personal experience. Hopefully some more members will reply with comments.

Meanwhile here's one of the links Google found: How to Get Back to Normal with Your Cat After Vacation