Cat Never Came Home

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hey everyone! My cat Bella who is 2 years old went out last night after I got home from work around 6 with my two other cats but she never came home last night. What I usually do is round up the other two they come up to you when you call them (most times lol) but Bella will not come when you call all the time &'if you try to grab her to bring her in she will run away from you! I'm just worried because she likes to go,up on top of this hill in the woods (we live in the middle of nowhere) we've seen her on my BFs trail cameras &'there are deer, bears & coyotes that we've seen on these cameras. I've been calling out for her all night we went out looking for her numerous times & nothing. I cannot sleep what so ever I just keep going over to the door & calling out for her but nothing. I'm sobbing my eyes out just thinking of the worst possible scenario that she has been killed by a bear or coyote. Has anyone been through this before?? I'm wondering if she is mad at me because the past two nights she only got a little outside time & I was able to lure her in with wet food & then had to sit by the cat door so she wouldn't let herself out (she is a smart cat lol) I'm also worried because Bella hardly has a meow she was born that way so it's the smallest meow ever. Please everyone say a prayer for Bella that she returns home! I can't wait for daylight to go out looking for her!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that she is missing. If you live in an area with bears and coyotes you should keep the cats indoors because they will kill them sooner or later.

:frown:

If you live in a wooded area she may have been chased up a tree by a predator and be too scared to come back down. When you go and look for her check up in the trees too.

Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that she is missing. If you live in an area with bears and coyotes you should keep the cats indoors because they will kill them sooner or later.

:frown:

If you live in a wooded area she may have been chased up a tree by a predator and be too scared to come back down. When you go and look for her check up in the trees too.

Good luck.
Well good news at 5:30 am she showed up on the lawn! Our other cats stay in the yard so we don't have to worry but Bella is our troublemaker cat! We have a cat door & we lock it so they can only come in but she learned how to get it open with her claw & let herself out! She's a handful but so darn cute!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad she came home.

It may not seem right or fair, but bears and coyotes will come in your backyard. I'm not certain what bears are looking for but they'll generally take whatever is there. Coyotes actually like to eat cat and will go to some trouble to get them. Coyotes can climb any chain link fence under 10.

To make your yard safe in coyote country you will need at least a 10 foot fence. Some people like to add an addition piece that angles over the top to help prevent them entering. You will also need one or more trees so it a coyote does find a weak place in your fence or the gate isn't locked (they know how to flip the latches) the cats will be able to escape them.

If you have the cat door set to open to their collars you might want to change that to open to their microchips. Collars can be lost and then the cat wouldn't be able to escape to safety inside.

best of luck.