Cat Mothers Tnr And Adoption Adventures

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I lost one of my resident cats a week ago today. :( panlukopenia. He was vaccinated. Its super bad in this area. I think the move compromised his immune system. Everyone else got uris

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost one of my resident cats a week ago today. :( panlukopenia. He was vaccinated. Its super bad in this area. I think the move compromised his immune system. Everyone else got uris
:alright::bawling:
That is so very sad...this is the dilemma of relocating cats. But it is a necessary "evil" sometimes; you have done your best and despite the stresses on the cats, they are much better off, whether they realize it or not. When they have adjusted, they will be relaxed and happy and safe :heartshape:

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
They've adjusted really well other than Diana not finding the litterbix and peed on my new roommate. Lol. they did cry at the door where boots was which did upset me the first dozen times. When i received boots ashes back I showed them and they definitly understood they stopped meowing. That same day I think they all grieved they had a sad no play day :(
Due to the whols situation I had to move my appointment for soay and neuter back a month so next montj princess tje 2 fosters Gustav and roe and a few ferals get fixed

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:tabbycat: They do need to grieve. I try to always allow them to see the body and watch me grieve. It seems to help with the fighting that ensues when a colony member is lost.
I am so glad that you are willing to work schedules around your colony's emotional health. Your updates are so inspiring :clapcat:

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for lack of updates trying to get back to work is hard they are forcing me on a stress leave due to ptsd symptoms at work. My babies will be out of quarantine this coming week. :D Gustav is my little hero so he might be a new addition to my heard. He bit my ex who was attacking me. Im surprised the cops didnt take him from me. Im so happy they didn't he is the sweetest little fatty. Always hungry. Him and roe will experience their first outside kennel experience soon :) I'm so excited fir them

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:heartshape: Thank you for the update! and tell Gustav "Well done,Gustav,well done!" :clap2:
I had a neighbor man try to attack me when I was 13 & a cat that I named Wild Kitty attacked him like a banshee :clapcat:
I was able to get my jeans pulled up and run back home. My dog had tried growling at him but he kicked her in the ribs and she yelped and ran off. But not Wild Kitty...I always wondered how he explained those scratches and drips in his white Tshirt to his wife. I had been friends with his daughter; that man always hated cats...I guess they detected the evil in him.

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm staying at my best friends she couldnt help but laugh after hugging me and making sure i was okay. She was like "Miranda your life revolves around cats" I got pushed into a litter box cat food cans thrown at me plus more. And that muther effer took my puppy and shook him I screamed bloody murder. Theres nothing wrong with puppers so the cops wouldnt charge him with animal abuse. Just corporal punishment. But Gustav bit him when the cops knocked on the door and I RAN. I kept yelling at the cops to shut the door and my cats needed to be checked on and needed to be moved before I went to the hospital.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man - I am so glad that you ESCAPED!!! and is that Gustav in the quarantine pen? He is so very, very brave to be that tiny but fierce :soldier::salute::happycat::lovecat:

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh man - I am so glad that you ESCAPED!!! and is that Gustav in the quarantine pen? He is so very, very brave to be that tiny but fierce :soldier::salute::happycat::lovecat:
Yes thats my boy :) hes never tried to nip or bite at me or my new roommate so i can verify he felt the whole situation. He knew what he did lol. i let him and roe out today I've seen more roe then Gustav they are chilling behind the couch im sure
Weve also been adopting out left and right whole ive been on leave from my fulltime job

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Heres a summery of our week! Im on leave from work due to my situation. So ive focused a lot of effort into my budding rescue. Ive found several people to foster for me while I coordinate and offer supplies vaccines and neutering! So thsy being said out of 7 kittens ive gotten rid of all but 2 in a week :) here are some pictures!
White kitten shakra and black kitten Memphis hail from the same litter housed by a coworker :) 2 are left from their litter and my coworker wants to keep one.
20180812_141422.jpg 20180811_190249.jpg
Snowshoe tabby Gibbs and orange kitten Kyo run from same herd as well.
20180810_190035.jpg 20180810_185057.jpg
Miss abby our grey white and orange kitty is from a litter a coworkers outside kitty had. She was the last one left. 20180810_120851.jpg

Attachments

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Congratulations on adopting our those kitties - wonderful successes :clapcat:
Miss Abby is over the moon cute - her face is so adorable! :thud::loveeyes:
You certainly got a lot accomplished during your time off. :heartshape:

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I call tomorrow to set up their neuterings and deliver last set of shots on the 23rd before i take a trip to L.A im going to visit a friend and see about setting them up to foster. L.a is overflowing right now. California in general is. So wish us luck c:

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Monroe and Gustav are so look inseparable its so cute i never had a pair this bonded. Artie and Jaspur snuggled as babies but never were this close. Luna and Diana are very close but they werent littermates so their bond isnt as strong either. And princess is just princess she demands affection from all. Lol. Roe and Gustav are never far apart. I even got them 2 seperate days and they remebered each other weeks apart. 20180815_182759.jpg

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all havn't been on in a while still working on getting 501C 3 paperwork. Constantly posting on Instagram though! @catmotherescue