Cat Moews After He Finishes His Business

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not sure if I should post it here or under behavior...

Anyway, Marx (10 months old neutered male) has developed a strange habit. After he goes and does his business in the litter, I hear him digging for a while and after he leaves the box he starts to meow. He doesn't do it while peeing or pooping, but he almost always does it when he's done.

He has been at vets for a general check-up a bit over a month ago and everything was fine then. Amount of pee and poo seem normal as well.

So is he meowing because he has some health issues or is it just a behavioral thing, like "mom, we need cleaning in isle 2"?

The toilet is the biggest one I could fine and he has planty of space in there.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sometimes my cat does a celebration lap around the house with a loud meow after she goes. :lol:

If he was at the vet recently and everything else seems to be OK, he's probably fine, but if it worries you, just give your vet a call and mention it.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat did the same thing. Although, he meowed what I called his "warrior cry", for other things as well. After a really good play session where he caught and "killed" his pray, after the few times he caught a mouse in the house, after getting into a scuffle with our other cat and for some reason, after a good poop.
If he's in good health, and is not straining and his poop looks healthy and normal, I wouldn't worry too much.
I mean....don't we all feel fantastic after having a good poop??:poop:

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 10 week old kitten, Daniel, makes a huge scene about his entry into the hooded litter boxes we have. We always know when he is about to use it because he sprints over to one, then starts meowing endlessly while digging. We adopted him about 3 weeks ago from the local shelter and he has already trained us with a meow and paw signal when he wants to be picked up :flail:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I announce my poops to Krista because I troll her for being an infrequent pooper. I also sing poop songs to her which is whatever song stuck in my head that has a "doot doot doot" bit in it that becomes "poop poop poop". Currently that's Eric Church's Desperate Man which also becomes Desperate Cat when I sing it.
:poop::poop::petcat:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I announce my poops to Krista because I troll her for being an infrequent pooper. I also sing poop songs to her which is whatever song stuck in my head that has a "doot doot doot" bit in it that becomes "poop poop poop". Currently that's Eric Church's Desperate Man which also becomes Desperate Cat when I sing it.
:poop::poop::petcat:
:lol:

I would love to have a dollar for each time "poop" is said in all of the households with cats! (Our variation is "poopoo" but I think that counts too.)
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$