Cat meowing is different

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 2.5 years old cat woke up today with deep and hoarsing mewoing ... shoud I be worried?
This happened out of nowhere, she's eating and sleeping and behaving just fine the thing is she goes out at night and I'm worried something happened to her
I've checked her body and there's no bites it seems so I have no idea what's got into her.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She MAY have a throat injury from being attacked or even a kitty cold. It's really hard to say. nighttime is the worst time for them to be out, that is when the predators are out too. keep an eye on her, as long as she is eating/drinking/using the litterbox, and not hiding everything is fine. You might get a humidifier or take her into a steamy bathroom after a shower, it would help. also, plenty of water. DMG is a wonderful supplement to put in their food to boost their immune systems too, if she becomes prone to kitty colds.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year it happened to my cat too, and I took her to the vet who didn't find anything. He just told me to keep an eye on her. She was eating and drinking fine and her behavior was the usual.
It lasted three or four days, then everything was back to normal.
Hopefully your kitty will be fine in a day or two!