Cat love the cat-it

zazusdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, I have read all of the threads on water fountains. I mean let's get real! they are not cheap
. So I had been going around and around about this delema
. Finally, Kimmy my girlfriend said "JUST BUY ONE!!!!" So I broke down and bought the cat-it fountain. Let me just say this thing is great! Sure there is some cleaning to be had but refilling is a snap the Thing is so quiet that I have to make sure it's running. Man the cats love it I have an older gent that just looked at it for a while.....now I think he maybe drinking to much! (just kidding) I just wanted to let you know that there is a differents between a bowl and a fountain That the cats drink alot more water now.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It seems to make a big difference if the cats like running water. I haven't noticed that Jamie drinks out of his Fresh Flow more than he does out of his water bowls, but I know that his brothers love their Drinkwell.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Cat's used to drink out of a bowl... reluctantly. And it had to be fresh... no water sitting for hours or anything. Now with the Kitty fountain I only change it once a day and they love it... the only complaint I get from them is when I unplug it to change the water. They don't like it not being on.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got one & my cats like it, but they still prefer to drink out of the bath tub drain. However, I bought it when my last cat was diagnosed with CRF, she LOVED it & it really helped incourage her to drink.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We caught Sashka drinking out of the toilet bowl the other day

Aside from the hygiene aspect I am also terrified that she will slip, fall in and drown. So we're thinking about getting a fountain now, as well. I mean, it's not like they don't have plenty of fresh water to drink in their bowls!!! But they prefer the loo, bath or sink to their bowls any day!

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep seeing different people talking about these water fountains....but I keep wondering how the water inthem can be any fresher than just changing the water a couple times a day in thier bowls if the fountain is`nt attachedto a fresh water supply.(I use ice in my cats water...they love it!) I mean...do the fountains have a filter or something in them...and can you put ice in them???
Linda

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have three fountains and the cats love them. We also plan on putting in a pond with running water in the cat enclosure next year.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too cool! Add a few goldfish and the cats will have entertainment too! :-)
My cats are indoor only, but we have a couple little ponds with a stream connecting them out front...and we often see some of the neighbor cats coming for a drink or to sit and watch.
Linda

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my cats used to always play with the sink
adorable to watch them they dont do that any more tho they just look at it. and i found Eeyore drinking out of the toilet a while ago yuck! i wanted to get a fountain but dont have the money
but i will ones i get the chance i didnt no they loved it this much!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by stampit3d

I keep seeing different people talking about these water fountains....but I keep wondering how the water inthem can be any fresher than just changing the water a couple times a day in thier bowls if the fountain is`nt attachedto a fresh water supply.(I use ice in my cats water...they love it!) I mean...do the fountains have a filter or something in them...and can you put ice in them???
Linda
I broke down and got one last night on the way home for our babies. It has a charcoal filter and the water re-circulates to keep it fresh. I haven't seen any big changes in the kitties, i.e., they aren't blown away by it nor do they seem to fear it. Bijou just went over and started drinking out of it when I put it down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zazusdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stampit3d

Linda
Yes They have filters in them and they contain corbon (just like in fish tank filters) this helps keep the water "pure"