Cat Limp; Vet Doesn't Know What's Wrong.

Hannahh22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I have a 2 year old kitty named Chubbers. 1.5 months ago, we noticed she was limping on her front right leg. After two days, we got an appointment with the vet.
The vet felt her leg from top to bottom and everything is in place, nothing looks out of the ordinary. He simply prescribed an anti inflammatory shot. And diagnosed it as a strain.
Her limp went away and my cat was back being the energetic cat she is.
2 weeks ago, the limp is back on the SAME leg. We took her to the vet once again. She actually was running a fever too. Vet still didn't believe it was broke. He thought maybe she got punctured with something and prescribed her the same bed before along with antibiotics. He wasn't quite sure what was wrong but just treated the fever and the pain.
The limp went away. Let me mind you, she's an indoor cat. We have no other pets (she's a queen and won't allow it) so nothing could of bit her.

We just finished giving her antibiotics this week and the limp is back!!!?? We made another appointment but, wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this. I'm just worried about her.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did your Vet do an xray? I suppose she could have some sort of hairline fracture that he can't feel . Other than that, I've got nothing :dunno:

Hoping they can figure this out :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannahh22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There's was a cancellation, so I'll be at the vet at 4pm. Thank God.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
How are things going? (Not sure of time zones when I'm here).

Has your cat had any vaccinations recently? I think some viral infections can present with a transient limp because they can cause joint inflammation, and occasionally exposure through vaccine can trigger this as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannahh22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No she hasn't had a vaccine recently. I just got back two hours ago. They sedated her and x rayed her leg. The vet said he didn't see anything but, he will still send it out for further review. It will take a few days...

He said he's puzzled with her. At least she wasn't running a fever this time. He gave her an anti inflammatory shot again.