cat keeps sneezing

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
my cat Rio keeps sneezing, not all the time. but when he does, it goes on for about 20 seconds. He kind of has a runny nose too. He's eating well, drinking water, playing, everything is fine but I don't know why he's sneezing. I have two other cats and they are sneezing too but not a lot.

I adopted a stray cat a while ago and he kind of had a cold, he passed away a week after getting neutered, on december 17, 2:30 AM. but his cold was gone one day before he died.

My house is really cold and winds come in too. there's also some dust. There's also no sunlight at my home at all.

What could be the reason for Rio's sneezing? Our vet is not gonna be available til monday so I don't know what to do

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear about the recent passing of the stray cat you adopted. :angel: Do you know if he actually had a cold or could it have been something else? Did your vet examine him? And if you don't mind sharing, do you know what he died from? Sorry for all the questions but it might help determine why Rio is not feeling well. However, since you also mentioned your house is cold and windy as well as dusty those could be contributing factors too. I'm sure you're worried but hopefully you will be able to touch base with your vet on Monday. Is there any way you can block the drafts by windows or under doors with towels or blankets? Also make a cozy spot for Rio away from the drafty areas of the house. I'm glad to hear he is eating, drinking and playful but he may possibly need an antibiotic. This is why a vet call would give you peace of mind. Keep an eye on him and please let us know if there are any changes.:alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear about the recent passing of the stray cat you adopted. :angel: Do you know if he actually had a cold or could it have been something else? Did your vet examine him? And if you don't mind sharing, do you know what he died from? Sorry for all the questions but it might help determine why Rio is not feeling well. However, since you also mentioned your house is cold and windy as well as dusty those could be contributing factors too. I'm sure you're worried but hopefully you will be able to touch base with your vet on Monday. Is there any way you can block the drafts by windows or under doors with towels or blankets? Also make a cozy spot for Rio away from the drafty areas of the house. I'm glad to hear he is eating, drinking and playful but he may possibly need an antibiotic. This is why a vet call would give you peace of mind. Keep an eye on him and please let us know if there are any changes.:alright:
Vet said he has a little bit of cold. He gave antibiotic for him that we were giving him and he got better. We're not sure why he died, but my aunt thinks he died because of getting neutered because he was bleeding from there when he was dying. He was in so much pain.

Our vet, for some reason, is not answering our calls. So my aunt told her vet about what's happening with Rio and her vet told us about a medicine to give him once a day for 3 days. My aunt also gives that to her cat when he's sneezing. So i gave that to Rio today and he isn't sneezing as much as yesterday and he finally slept peacefully. He woke up when it was time for food and he sneezed about 3 times then he ate, drank water, few minutes later he used litterbox and now he's sleeping again, he covered himself in a small blanket.

I'm thinking of getting some boxes and putting something like warm little blankets in them for my cats to sleep in.

For the house, there's like a window, an open place higher, wind comes from there. Thankfully, cats can't go out from there since it's really high. My dad likes to keep windows open even though dust comes too and I'm badly allergic to it. My room is a little warmer than the rest of the house so my cats stay in my room