Cat keeps getting poop on inner sides of paws

mrfairy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my newest additions to the family is a one year old female cat who keeps getting poop stuck to the inner sides of her paws! I haven't had the chance to sneak a peek when she's going number two but it's NEVER on the bottom of her paws. Hence I gather that she might have gotten them stained while she's trying to bury her business? I don't know if there's anyone who can help with this but I thought to just ask. Also I don't think it's got to do with the litter box size, because she's a very small cat, I have two others who are larger and don't face the same issue. I am using tofu clumping litter.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If her stools are even remotely soft, that could be the reason why she gets it on her paws when she is burying her business. It would probably be a good idea to take a sneak peek to see if that would shed any light on what is going on.

It might help to have an additional litter box (or two), especially if all three cats are using just one. It could make a difference for her; she may be spending a lot of time trying to cover 'stuff' because there is more than just her stuff in that one. Just a guess!

Every cat is different and how they view their bathrooms can be quite different as well.

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two would get it on their paws when they would turn around to bury it. Sometimes, they'd step right in it. Other times, they'd brush against it. My Boone still isn't great about burying his mess. He claws at the sides of the litter box and then will eventually use the litter to cover it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm going to also suggest taking a look at her "deposit", to see if it is on the softer side. Normally formed poop shouldn't easily get stuck on her paws from just digging to cover it. A larger litter box, or different litter could also help.