Cat Is Possibly Sick

scott3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Two days ago my cat was vomiting everywhere but she was acting normal behavior wise. Yesterday we took her to the vet and they gave her a shot that I forgot the name of that helps with nausea. She also had some blood taken and they gave her some water. The vet called today and said her blood looked fine and everything was alright. Ever since we got back from the vet she has been laying in one sport for more than a couple of hours. She has ate once that my family knows of and has went pee/poop 3 times since then. In the past few hours she has also started to drool and I have never seen her do this before. Is she sick or can this happen after they are given medicine?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello S scott3 , welcome to TCS :wave3:

Good thing that you brought your kitty to the vet. She could still be nauseous and maybe reacting to the medications.

If you still find her behaving this way and concern, which I'll be, please give your vet a call and let them know the situation and they are in the best position to advise you.

Meanwhile, do browse around and check out the Articles section for the many good reads and do introduce yourself and your kitty to the community in New Cats on the Block and do post photos of your kitty and tell us her name :wink:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she could be having a reaction to the medicine. I would call your vet's office and tell them about her symptoms. It could be perfectly normal side effects, but let them know.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Also agree. One sign that my cat is in pain is lying on her side drooling and eyes partly closed