Cat Is Dropping Mini Liquid-poo Bombs All Over The Place

catbattle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lately my (indoor) cat has been acting very strange, for nearly 1.5 weeks now. Low energy, coughing up hairballs, puking, and in particular pooing everywhere, which is something she never does. I am constantly finding tiny puddles of liquidfied poo all over the apartment -- usually no bigger than the size of a dime, but occasionally bigger ones the size of... I guess 3-4 quarters.

The vet is unfortunately not open until Monday, I will be bringing her in, but is this a common thing? What might be the explanation?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vomit and diarrhea are never normal or common things, unless the cat is sick.
Coughing and drowsiness are other signs that something is going on.
I'd go to the vet as soon as possible. Monday is too far away. Isn't there another place where you can take her to?

babiesmom5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
From the symptoms you are describing, and I am not a vet, it sounds like there may possibly be an intestinal blockage somewhere. There is something serious going on here.

She is coughing up hairballs and vomiting rather than being normally passed through the gastrointestinal tract.

She is having small puddles of"liquified poo", indicative of liquid portions bypassing around something in there solid. This is symptom of a blockage.

I would highly recommend you take your cat to an emergency clinic or another vet which is open now. I think at the very least, your cat will need an enema to clear out what is up there preventing her from normal elimination. She may need further tests if this does not resolve the problem.

Please do not delay.