Cat is driving me batty!!! I'm at a loss

sparta05

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, so little crisis here.. I have a 1.5 year old cat that is like owning a toddler.. He has TONS OF TOYS, and lots of stuff to climb up on, including a cylinder scratching post that he can climb in and on top of... And he is wanting attention 24/7 which is not an emphasis. I am cleaning my kitchen holding him like an infant because he wants to be picked up all the time, and will meow until I do.  Which is exhausting!! Because I don't want him doing that, but his meowing needs to stop :( 

On top off that issue, I finally gave in to him wanting to go outside, and he loves it! BUT he only goes outside for 5 minutes tops most of the time, and will come in, eat/drink and go back out. Which I thought ok, I'll just put some food and water outside for him (I work from home, so he just scratches at the door when he wants in)... which was great I thought but he still comes in to eat/drink.  I am TRYING to get him on a schedule to go out in the morning, afternoon, and in the evening. SO only 3x day...

Any suggestions/tips????

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you able to instal a cat flap?  They make some that work off of microchips so only your cat can go in and out.  

Do you have any other cats?  Or can you consider adopting a playmate for him? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sparta05

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately we live in a rental so we're unable to do that, but when we buy a house we might consider it i it's still an issue. Yes, we plan on getting a german shepherd that's living with a trainer right now, who has him trained around cats/children.. and our neighbors have a GSP and Sparta absolutely LOVES him! We were at the vet one day, and he wanted to play with the random shepherd at the vet because he looked the same LOL

grrr cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you rehang a door?  Swap a new door with a cat flap and install the old locks. Pu the old door against a wall somewhere.  When your about to move out swap doors.

good luck with your new dog