Cat Introductions!

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds really good! Wow was nice and fast. I have stacked baby gates clear up to the ceiling (using 3 of them) to have a door be able to be open. Have put towels over them so the cats couldn't see each other that was if needed- that could give you some more air circulating.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds really good! Wow was nice and fast. I have stacked baby gates clear up to the ceiling (using 3 of them) to have a door be able to be open. Have put towels over them so the cats couldn't see each other that was if needed- that could give you some more air circulating.
Yeah, it was fast. I was hopeful that since both of them came from a multiple cat situation (one directly, the other when I got her a year and a half ago) that it wouldn't take too long, but it was even quicker than I expected. I've heard a couple hisses and a growl today when Millie got startled, but there's mostly been peaceful nose sniffing, sharing of the cat tower, and tentative attempts to play with each other.
It's really cute, Millie just keeps trying to get Missy's tail. They haven't quite figured out how to play with each other yet, but both stop pestering if the other one has had enough, so I haven't really had to get involved or separate them. I think they're on their way to becoming friends.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news. With my two Mooshoo (younger cat) convinced Waffles (older resident cat) it would be fun to play, and after 6-8 weeks he decided he liked playing with her. Waffles is 5 years, Mooshoo 1 1/2 years.