Cat Introductions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephmnichols

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@KarenKat thank you so much for your responses! They have given me hope for a somewhat cordial future...
I put up a screen door outside my bedroom, so they are ABLE to look at each other if they want to... So far Coffee has not utilized it much, but Maui stands on the other side meowing quite frequently (especially if I'm in here)
Now, I'm trying to find her reasoning for peeing outside the litter box... When it comes to the landing, I find that if I am in here with Coffee and not paying attention to her when she meows, because it's always still WARM when I come down and it's just a little DRIBBLE so she's really just being a brat. I do think (well, hope) that once she and Coffee are getting along better the peeing on the landing will cease as she will not be restricted on where she goes. I think that really annoys her, being locked out of somewhere.
I also think that leaving her alone in the house during the day (with no one home at all) prompts her to pee on the tile floor downstairs, right in front of either the front door or the garage door... Not sure what to do.
I think I will invest in some puppy pads and try to teach her to use those and then slowly work our way into a litter box with the pee pads, then hopefully work up to a normal set up? The thing is that she knows how to use a litter box, she always uses it up in her own room during the night.
Maybe I should try crating her when no one is home and then having the pee pads for when we're all here and maybe she feels she's not getting enough attention despite that? I don't know... Any advice?
It would be easier if I could figure out why she does it.