Cat hisses when we touch her chest...

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat kitty today has been hissing a lot. when i carried her, when my brother petted her. my cat normally doesnt mind people petting her.

i tried feeling around her body and she hissed as soon as i touched her chest. 

she seems fine otherwise. shes walking around, and eating, drinking, and pooping.

should i be concerned?

or could she have hurt herself playing around?

edit: my brother says he touched her belly and she hissed.

the only change i have done is that for the last 1-2 months ive been giving them only beef. they got sick of chicken, so i started feeding them beef. my cats tend to get obsessed with a food and only want that.

can it be causing her indigestion? shes been eating her food normally. i only noticed her hissing today, as i tend to not carry her too much (have allergies)

EDIT 2: i feel my cats homemade cooked food. i cook the meat and add some ustew supplement.

EDIT 3: i just tried touching all over her tummy while she was rubbing herself on my legs. and she didnt react negatively or run away. the house has been stressful lately. we discovered that my mom has cancer, and theres been so many people visiting. people renovating the house to make it better for my mom.

should i just keep an eye on her? 

sorry for the long post. my mom might start chemo this week, and im so stressed out. i have 100$ in my bank account, and can only afford the actual visit to a vet. i cant afford anything else, all my family is investing their money to make my moms life easier.

we are people all our time and effort into caring for her.

sorry to get personal, im just so stressed and tired. dont know what to do. 

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Wow - you have so much to deal with right now! Kudos on your keen observations - cats are very intuitive & will definitely be reacting to the electronic energies of the people around them. Not only your poor, sick mom but her worried family and friends will be putting out vibes of worry, anxiety, etc. ...Since your kitty is still eating and pooping okay, I would definitely do a "wait & see" as there is a good chance that her behavior is emotional.  

Sending my very best prayers and vibes out to you all!  I know it's tough for you during this difficult time but remember: YOU ARE MADE OF STRONG STUFF!!! 
   and please don't hesitate to reach out to your TCS family for support and encouragement - either through Private Message or posting in The Lounge! Hugs, Susan

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Please keep an eye on her. Most likely she hurt herself. Not sure if it's the food or she got hurt during play.

As long as she is peeing and pooing and eating and walking naturally, it may not look so bad. Proably just a bruise but it's better to observe her.
Try petting her chest gently when she is lying down and watch her reaction. Maybe she is reacting to certain things that had freaked her.

I hope it's nothing serious and also hope your mom gets better.

Take care ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow - you have so much to deal with right now! Kudos on your keen observations - cats are very intuitive & will definitely be reacting to the electronic energies of the people around them. Not only your poor, sick mom but her worried family and friends will be putting out vibes of worry, anxiety, etc. ...Since your kitty is still eating and pooping okay, I would definitely do a "wait & see" as there is a good chance that her behavior is emotional.  

Sending my very best prayers and vibes out to you all!  I know it's tough for you during this difficult time but remember: YOU ARE MADE OF STRONG STUFF!!! 
   and please don't hesitate to reach out to your TCS family for support and encouragement - either through Private Message or posting in The Lounge! Hugs, Susan
Thank you for the prayers. theres about 200 people at our church praying for my mom. i appreciate anyone sending good vibes, and well wishes. =) i'll keep an eye on her. ive petted her twice, when shes come to me for affection, and she didnt seem to mind me touching her. i will try again tomorrow.
Please keep an eye on her. Most likely she hurt herself. Not sure if it's the food or she got hurt during play.

As long as she is peeing and pooing and eating and walking naturally, it may not look so bad. Proably just a bruise but it's better to observe her.
Try petting her chest gently when she is lying down and watch her reaction. Maybe she is reacting to certain things that had freaked her.

I hope it's nothing serious and also hope your mom gets better.

Take care
thank you for your kind words towards my mom. 

like i said above. i allowed my cat to roam around after i had upset her by carrying her and touching her. i waited for her to come to me for affection. she didnt turn away when i was feeling her entire body. i didnt touch her roughly or firmly. just rubbed my hands on my. i might try tomorrow pressing a bit more to see how she reacts. 

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ive pressed kitty all over her body, and she hasnt hissed once today. i will continue keeping an eye on her. thanks everyone =)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That's good to hear. Maybe she was freaked out for a moment by some sounds or smell and she hasn't got over it at the time you touched her.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

ive pressed kitty all over her body, and she hasnt hissed once today. i will continue keeping an eye on her. thanks everyone =)
 Wonderful news!!! I am so happy that your kitty is doing well and I am VERY glad to read that your mother has prayers going up on her behalf. My disabled daughter had a cancer scare a couple of years ago - she had a large sarcoma tumor in her thigh and of course, no surgeons would touch it and the oncology surgeon wanted to remove it right away....but we had to go 200 miles to the hospital, through the Sierra, and the winter weather (Sierra blizzards) and car trouble delayed us for 2 weeks....the delays were very worrisome as the tumor grew rapidly....but meanwhile, various people put my daughter on their prayer chains (all faiths) and lo! ;and behold! the tumor became encapsulated by calcium and my daughter gets MRIs every 6 months and so far, she remains cancer free! I am praying that your mother gets her own miracle, too!!!  Susan

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good to hear. Maybe she was freaked out for a moment by some sounds or smell and she hasn't got over it at the time you touched her.
yes, thats what im thinking too. ill continue watching though just in case. thanks for the help! =)

Wonderful news!!! I am so happy that your kitty is doing well and I am VERY glad to read that your mother has prayers going up on her behalf. My disabled daughter had a cancer scare a couple of years ago - she had a large sarcoma tumor in her thigh and of course, no surgeons would touch it and the oncology surgeon wanted to remove it right away....but we had to go 200 miles to the hospital, through the Sierra, and the winter weather (Sierra blizzards) and car trouble delayed us for 2 weeks....the delays were very worrisome as the tumor grew rapidly....but meanwhile, various people put my daughter on their prayer chains (all faiths) and lo! ;and behold! the tumor became encapsulated by calcium and my daughter gets MRIs every 6 months and so far, she remains cancer free! I am praying that your mother gets her own miracle, too!!!  Susan
thats incredible. im so happy for your daughter. 

im praying for a miracle too, i know the only one that can truly help my mother now is God.

He works in mysterious ways. The other night watching my mom in pain, im embarassed to say that i was very angry. wondering where god was. The very next day our AC repair guy shows up, he is a recent friend of my brother, and repairs our old AC when it breaks down. But he said he felt compelled to visit after hearing my mother was sick. he was very helpful, started saying that he believes she will be healed. ive never seen anyone pray so passionately, he was in tears. especially when he isnt that close with my mom. it made me feel like god had sent him to help lift our spirits. all i can do now is to keep my faith, and hope we are guided to the right answer.