Cat hates being around cats

Cheerio&Yeti

CatsCatsCatsBacon
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, so its been like a month or 2 since I took in my new kitten Raven, but my other cat which is a indoor outdoor kitty still doesn't like or want to be around. Cheerios my other cat had gone so far to avoid my room and avoid the house. I will be outside and cheerios will run up wanting to be held but when some of the barn kittens come running up Cheerio right away gets growly and runs away.

She went in the house and saw Raven and legit Cat Screamed. This is not normal cat behavior. I love Cheerios and Raven, but I am to invested into my cats to get rid of one.

What do you guys suggest?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
One of the hardest things to do is to properly introduce an indoor/outdoor cat to a new cat or kitten. Avoidance becomes the easiest thing for the resident cat to do, spending more and more time outside. You may have to steel yourself to keeping BOTH cats inside until a really proper introduction can be done...and those can take MONTHS! We've seen some successful ones take most of a year to finish, but IT CAN BE DONE!

Here are a few articles that can give you excellent basic steps to take...but you're going to have to keep Cheerios inside until it is done.

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles
Introducing Cats To Cats – TheCatSite Articles
How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction – TheCatSite Articles
How To Introduce A Kitten To An Older Cat – TheCatSite Articles

Remember, you're in this for the long haul, and you can only go as fast as the most reluctant cat (Cheerios) is comfortable with. If you try to rush things, you'll go backwards!