Cat gates below 70" other than the Richell?

MohnJadden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We're in need of a gate to separate our two cats. Zip-tied wire shelf racks are great for a temporary solution but they're heavy and unwieldy to move, and it looks like a Mad Max fortress wall in our kitchen. Plus our newer cat is able to paw through them if he really puts his mind to it.

We tried the 41" Frisco gate from Chewy, and the new cat is able to vault over it without much trouble. Our next best option is the Richell 70" gate. Looks a bit prison-like, so I was hoping someone might know of the next best thing that isn't floor-to-ceiling bars. Also it doesn't help that it's expensive.

Anyone know of alternative options, maybe around the 50-60 inch range?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
There are a couple of options in one of our articles on how to introduce cats. One is several stacked baby gates which might meet your height requirements and another is a screen door temporarily placed in the doorway and held in place with tension rods, but neither one is all that easy to move.

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried that Frisco gate, but my cats easily jumped over it.

I put together zip tied wire shelving (6'ft high) to separate 2 of my cats that don't get along and they work great. I keep it in hallways and doorways. I really like this because the cats are separated, but not isolated. If you have rugs the weight keeps the thing closed and in place. The wire mesh comes in different sizes and spacings. The smaller mesh size keeps the cats from pawing at each other.

My male cat Teddy doesn't get along with any of my other cats, so I need to keep him in the basement with the door closed. I tried the wire diver, but he can climb the divider all the way to the top! I don't want him getting hurt.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I zip tied a piece of grate to an inexpensive wire garden fence to make five foot barrier. ( Two pieces of the garden fence would have worked as well). 18 months later it’s still holding up and in use.
7EB86C39-6368-43FC-9150-FBAE618ABCFA.jpeg