Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Somewhere else?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
our largest cat tree is currently in the living room, and was previously in the bedroom. Beware the flying felines dive bombing from as high as they can, to a piece of furniture up to 8 feet away. My bub scares the bejeezus out of me. Sometimes the Princess, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ty everyone. I want you all to know I’m busy at school, work, and clinical. So my place isn’t the cleanest! I am aware I’m opening myself up for judgment and ridicule.
‘Bring it on’

The bedroom will eventually have a king size bean bag FYI

The living room has been taken apart for cleaning before I decorate. The furniture in the living area can be arranged any way. I am looking for ideas how to arrange my living room as well.

Ok it’s a little hard to follow. The vacuum is the bedroom.

The dining area leds to the living room area with the rug and boxes.

Attachments

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There are 3 corners in the living room area.

I am thinking of getting another peice of furniture to put in the living room to hold a litter box.

I won’t have a lot of room

Attachments

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
T
our largest cat tree is currently in the living room, and was previously in the bedroom. Beware the flying felines dive bombing from as high as they can, to a piece of furniture up to 8 feet away. My bub scares the bejeezus out of me. Sometimes the Princess, too.
Thanks for saying so!
I’ve thought about putting the tree on the corner of the dining/living room.
The beds can be put on opposite sides of the walls, maximizing the sun spots.
Also I have cats who avoid each other. With the beds on different walls they don’t have to hiss at each other. That sound gets in my nerves!
I guess I don’t have to put a dining room table there right now.
Cats on the table irk me.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you set the tree up, grab one of the hammocks by the handle and see how much force it takes to tip the tree over. You may want to anchor it to the walls (you'll have to find a stud in the wall to do this) or extend the bottom so that the base is wider than the perches.

Alternatively, you can extend one side of the bottom and set a heavy upholstered chair over it.

Another alternative, box the tree into the corner with good solid pieces of furniture.

Some trees tip over when cats are playing on them and kitties have been hit by the falling tree.

Other than the small base, it's a fantastic looking tree.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please pay attention to K Kflowers post because the base looks possibly a little small for a tree that tall. The higher up a cat pushes off from, the more easily a cat tree can tip. In general, a taller tree must have a bigger base. However, the tree does look thick, and if that is solid wood, and your cat not huge, it might be totally fine. Probably is totally fine. Just test how much force is required with a push at the level of the top perch.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Please pay attention to K Kflowers post because the base looks possibly a little small for a tree that tall. The higher up a cat pushes off from, the more easily a cat tree can tip. In general, a taller tree must have a bigger base. However, the tree does look thick, and if that is solid wood, and your cat not huge, it might be totally fine. Probably is totally fine. Just test how much force is required with a push at the level of the top perch.
It’s secured at the ceiling

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When you set the tree up, grab one of the hammocks by the handle and see how much force it takes to tip the tree over. You may want to anchor it to the walls (you'll have to find a stud in the wall to do this) or extend the bottom so that the base is wider than the perches.

Alternatively, you can extend one side of the bottom and set a heavy upholstered chair over it.

Another alternative, box the tree into the corner with good solid pieces of furniture.

Some trees tip over when cats are playing on them and kitties have been hit by the falling tree.

Other than the small base, it's a fantastic looking tree.

Attachments

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Put it by a window of a room that either you are in a lot or gets a lot of sun. I put a nice cat tree in the corner of our living room and the cats didn't even look at it but as soon as I moved it into the sun room, it became the cats' favorite spot.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Put it by a window of a room that either you are in a lot or gets a lot of sun. I put a nice cat tree in the corner of our living room and the cats didn't even look at it but as soon as I moved it into the sun room, it became the cats' favorite spot.
Thanks I’ll send everyone a finished picture

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hooray for the ceiling attachment!! That's a fantastic idea.