Cat from next door in heat again ?

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My next door neighbours have a kitten and she is about 8 month old now . I think she was pregnant over 4 weeks ago and have not seen her for a while . Today she is back , her nipples are still showing and I don't know if she still has kittens , or a Tom cat has killed them . But the female is offering herself to my Fluff , lifting her bum bumm ect ect . Well , Fluff is neutered and is not able to help her out . But I know that there are plenty of Tom cats around not fixed . I talk to my next door neighbours 3 times to get her spayed
And it really make me soooooo mad that they have not . They don't have the money I am guessing here , since all 3 dogs they have are not fixed and one is a Rottie female . They want to breed her
, what I call back yard breeding . Gosh I wish I had the money and would get the kitten fixed . But then I don't even know if she still has the kittens around . So how do I know if she has still kitten around ? Is there any signs to look for ? I may just grab her one day and just get her fixed , even if it means my husband will be a little ticked at me . But the problem would be that there are more stray cats around here if she is not getting spayed . Please help , I need some input right now .Thanks

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that's a very hard situation. Really though, I'm not sure there is anything you can do. Legally. Maybe you can get in trouble for having a cat that isn't yours spayed? I don't know... I'm just throwing possibilities out there. I understand how you must be feeling though. That would make me very angry too. People are ignorant. They can afford to have 3 dogs but not to spay their cat? Sounds like they shouldn't have that many animals since they can't properly take care of them. Can you make a complaint with the animal control? Maybe they would go talk to the people seeing how their cat is a nuisance and is bothering neighbors.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww...Hedi...what a terrible position you are in....if it were me I'd offer to pay for the kitten's spay. Is there any group around that can help with the 'tom' situation??

Katie

cheetahsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just found out that if you qualify financially the humane society here will help pay to have your cat or dog spayed or neutered. It says on the application what the income guidelines are. It is only $25 to "fix" a dog and $15 for a cat. Maybe they have something like that there?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing what I can do is catch the kitten on my propertie and call the AC , they pick it up and the owner can pick it up for a fee again
. Of course they would not pick her up , no money for that . So either the kitten if pregnant being pts (gasing) or placed into the shelter . It just happen to know the shelter is full of kittens
. Remember my hubby is a cop , so I know what the deal is here
. I may just ask them if it is ok to spay her and I am sure they would not have a problem with it . Then on the other hand , how would they know it was me getting her spayed
? If they would even notice , she is a outdoor kitten and come to my house to eat every day .

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But is there a sign on that cat , that she is still nursing some kittens ???
I don't want to take a mom cat away for 2 days from her kittens .

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hedi....I'd suggest catching her and seeing if she is still producing milk....however I'm not sure how you would know if that was her last batch or her current batch. I'd still offer to take her to the vet and get spayed.

Katie

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Female cats will also go back into heat within a few weeks of giving birth. They will get pregnant again given the chance while nursing their first litter. As soon as the first litter is weaned, the second litter follows.

She could be in heat, and still have her kittens also.

I would heavily suggest you do what you can to get her fixed...especially if you don't want to turn her into AC. Her owners are not responsible one bit, but it shouldn't be your responsibility either.

You have a great heart, and I'm sure you'll make the best decision. Whatever you do, I respect it. You are a great person Hedi.

Spotz

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Spotz

Female cats will also go back into heat within a few weeks of giving birth. They will get pregnant again given the chance while nursing their first litter. As soon as the first litter is weaned, the second litter follows.

She could be in heat, and still have her kittens also.

I would heavily suggest you do what you can to get her fixed...especially if you don't want to turn her into AC. Her owners are not responsible one bit, but it shouldn't be your responsibility either.

You have a great heart, and I'm sure you'll make the best decision. Whatever you do, I respect it. You are a great person Hedi.

Spotz
OMG , that is not good news that she can go in heat after she just had a litter
. I know I do something about it for sure , don't know yet what I will do . But she is getting fixed , one way or a other . She will not have one litter after a other , no way .

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a little girl, we had a cat that would go back into heat as soon as we found homes for her kittens. It was almost like she was saying, "I'll show you... get rid of MY kittens and I'll go get some more!"
(Back then spay/neuter wasn't big.)

Sorry to hear your AC won't do much except pick her up. Here, if you make a complaint about a cat or dog they will come out and speak to the owners and try to talk sense into them first.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mzjazz , yes I also can talk to the A/C and if knowing who the cats belong to tell them and the A/C will talk to them to keep their cat on their propertie . I try to keep peace , really . I also think it would not be nice to do and would be better to talk first to them .

My son just told me that the kitten is pregnant and don't have kittens yet . Hmmmm ???? So why is she offering herself to my male cat if she is pregnant ??? Some how all of that don't make sence to me

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found out from the son of the next door neighbour , that this kitten is lactating ( I know I don't spell it corectly ) , or having milk and I don't know if that is the same thing or not . So I am guessing she is very closed to having them kittens , but since she is offering herself to the male cats I think she may already had them . So now that poor baby is a only outdoor cat and who knows where she has the kittens
. I am afraid that one of the Tom cats may just kill them
. I already have seen male cats around and poor Fluff ( my fixed male ) is trying to keep them away . I really don't see any good in all of it . I did ask what they would do with the kittens , he said maybe sell them or just keep them . I made him aware that male cats will kill the kittens . His reply was , that it would be sad if the kittens would be killed , since it is her first litter . Does that sound to you they will continue to let her have kittens ?????????? OMG I sure hope not .

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hedi...I can only respond to what you have written..but they do not sound like very caring individuals...especially since they haven't fixed their cat yet. Seriously Hedi..the best thing you can do for this cat is to get her to a clinic and have her spayed.

Katie

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Hedi...I can only respond to what you have written..but they do not sound like very caring individuals...especially since they haven't fixed their cat yet. Seriously Hedi..the best thing you can do for this cat is to get her to a clinic and have her spayed.

Katie
Thanks TNR1 , I just worry about the kittens now . Maybe I should wait till they are done nursing ? I will have to wait till the 15 of this month any way till I can do it . I also think after asking to many question to the son I may be better off waiting a bit
. At this point I am not asking the neighbours since it looks to me they may keep her having kittens and kittens and kittens
Oh gosh that make me sick just thinking about it .

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found out that this girl had her kitten a couple of days ago . She only had one kitten , I am so thankful for that . Now I am in hope that this kitten is a male so we don't end up with more kittens . How long should I wait now till I can snatch her to get her fixed ? 4 - 6 weeks maybe ???
Now I know why is not around the last couple of days , b/c she did gave birth

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd ask MA or Tania....I wouldn't wait too long...but then again...I don't think spaying immediately is a good thing either.

Katie

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks TNR 1 , I think I will ask the vet anyway sometime next week when I go with Raffael there , he needs a check up .

Yea , I think I may wait to this kitten is weant off .
but what if she is pregnant again ? Oh gosh , there is no win win situation

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hedi...I would see what the vet says...if she is pregnant..and you are willing to watch her through her other pregnancy..that is fine. Otherwise...I would have her spayed...that way you are assured she won't have any more litters.

Katie

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I would get her spayed , b/c she could end up having 6 Kittens and who knows how many girls there would be
I don't like to that , but sometimes like this situation it is better for this cat . At least this is just IMO .

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Let us know how it goes Hedi..and if you need assistance with the spay costs...let me know.

Katie