Cat Food Christmas Arrived!

lightninrod

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Due to some reading of this forum and one other, I placed an order with www.onlynaturalpet.com and our kitty's new canned food arrived today.

I chose three different brands to see if Ginger will eat them. I chose based on the more-natural, less filler contents:

Newman's Own Chicken & Rice
" " Turkey
" " " & Vegetable

Natural Balance Turkey & Giblets
" " Indoor Cat Formula
" " Ocean Fish

Merrick Cat Cowboy Cookout
" " Grammy's Pot Pie
" " Turducken

I hadn't read anything on "Newman's Own" but thought I'd try some. I'm really excited about the Merrick's as I've read several comments on them and a few on NB too.

How'd I do for the first try at getting a better grade/class of canned food? Any recommendations(or "no-no's") for my next order
?

Dan

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol! Pass me the Turducken, and I'll show you a dancing cat. Paige does lemur dances when she knows there's wet for her!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
grammy s
the indoor
cookout here

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You done good! My babies love the Merricks. They don't like Newman's and will just barely tolerate Natural Balance.

That's the only wet food they get now - 2 cans per day - 1 in the morning and 1 at night. I alternate between Thanksgiving Dinner, Granny's Pot Pie and the Cowboy Cookout.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Granny's Pot Pie is a huge hit at my house.

Gracie LOVES Wellness Turkey and Salmon and Leo cannot live without his Evanger's Pheasant. Those flavors/brands are generally accepted by picky cats (and, obviously non-picky ones, too), so you could give those a try!

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Onlynaturalpet.com. I get treats from there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lightninrod

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the replies y'all.

I gave Ginger her regular Fancy Feast Sliced Beef with about 1/4 of a can of Merrick's Granny's Pot Pie............................ and she ate the Pot Pie first
. She folowed up with the Beef from FF.

She's funny in that she won't eat any 'wet' food until we pour a little 'border' of Royal Canin's Special 33 kibbles around the wet food. We figure she wants her 'bread' with her meat