Cat Food And Treat Recommendations?

DrizzleOfSalt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, can you guys recommend me some healthy grain-free cat food and dental treats?
Thank you!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can let us know do you plan to feed wet, dry, both, and a budget range it would help with recommendations.

But what i feed most is Tiki Cat the after dark flavors, Weruva paw lickin chicken and chicken frick a zee, sometimes some Goldie lox. Earthborn Catalina catch. Fussie cat super premium chicken and egg. Against the grain chicken flavors. some rawz, but my cats are picky with this one, sometimes they like the turkey . and some of the fancy feast classics and grilled varieties. I also feed Nutro minced chicken and turkey sliced. Nulo, the minced flavors only. and trying the new American journey from Chewy. as you can see i have quite a few in my rotation :)

as for dry the only low carb dry food that i have found is Dr. Elsey's chicken flavor only, my cats did not like their salmon.

for treats the only thing i will feed mine is some freeze dried chicken such as Pure bites, or Orijen treats.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Virbac C.E.T. Oral Hygiene Poultry Flavor Cat Chews, Poultry, 96 count
These are the only dental treats I've seen reviewed favorably from a reputable company. I have never bought them because they've been really difficult to keep in stock. They also have a fish flavor.
I kicked my cat off dry food almost two years ago, and ended up getting him a professional cleaning. I'm curious to see how well his teeth are keeping clean on the homemade raw diet.

My girls eat dry and canned. They're on Dr Elseys cleanprotein kibble and usually Nature's Variety Instinct canned chicken, but we switch it up from time to time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DrizzleOfSalt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all your recommendations!
I plan on feeding my cats a mix of can and dry
The maximum amount I'm willing to spend is $45

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pure bites treats are a bit hit here! The dog loves them too, and I am a firm believer in sticking to a fish free diet to keep the litter smelling better! What goes on must come out lol! Chewy.com let’s you auto ship food treats and even heavy litter for the best prices right to you! Auto ship saves even more I love it!!
PureBites Chicken Breast Freeze-Dried Cat Treats

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

DrizzleOfSalt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm feeding two cats who are both 5 years old