Cat Treat Suggestions

Allison Cooper

MsFish
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

I am looking for cat treat suggestions since the bag of treats are almost done. I usually give them Temptations (only 3 each) after a good play session to encourage the older one to be active and the youngest some manners (he's already active enough haha), but I think I would like them on something healthier without breaking the bank. They are already fed a fairly nutrient dense food along with wet food and that's how I've justified giving them such not so good treats but I think they would benefit from something healthier. I've already looked into Greenies and I found that they have pretty much the same ingredients as Temptations. I also want something that has absolutely no grain as their food is also grain free and I don't want to be introducing back into their diet.

Thanks!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I treat gracie to dreamies although they may be similar to temptations. Other food treats: boiled chicken and mince meat. She has a tiny bit of eggs and backing with us at the weekend. I can't do any other food treats as she has a sensitive tummy so can't be too Rich !

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The boys like The Honest Kitchen blue and green freeze dried mussels. They're pretty big for only 8 calories and you have to wash your hands because they smell funny. Otherwise we can do freeze dried PureBites usually like chicken and duck. We also have Greenies for the boys and Party Mix for the girls. There's also Nature's Variety Raw Boost toppers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allison Cooper

MsFish
Kitten
Purraise
I treat gracie to dreamies although they may be similar to temptations. Other food treats: boiled chicken and mince meat. She has a tiny bit of eggs and backing with us at the weekend. I can't do any other food treats as she has a sensitive tummy so can't be too Rich !
Oou yeah Dreamies look just like Temptations but under a different name. The food treats are a good idea but the eldest is picky like his dad (who's my brother) and only really eats Salmon haha. My baby eats almost every kind of meat but if I even dare give something to one cat even if the other cat doesn't like it, I get a look of betrayal haha

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Charlie likes the Wellness and Blue Buffalo Wilderness treats.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Two of my cats like Sheba Sticks. I didn't see any grains on the ingredients list when I checked it.

Human food is possible too. You should see them all go bonkers when I open a can of tuna. Chicken breast in the George Foreman grill is also something I have to share with them.

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my cats loves the Smart N Tasty (now going by the new name Emerald Pet) Dental treats and they are gluten, soy and grain-free, and come in a few different flavors. They are large enough for the cat to break them up and chew which supposedly helps with their teeth, but either way, the ingredients are healthier than greenies, temptations, ect. However, only one out of my 2 cats likes them so be prepared if you have a picky cat. Another treat she loved when we had them were the dehydrated haddock fish treats by the Honest company called Smittens- the fish was the only ingredient, but be aware that they are pretty smelly. Next I plan on trying one of the freeze dried treat brands since those seem to be loved by most cats and very healthy since there's only meat as the ingredient

yeva2292

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Smokey loves Orijen's freeze dried treats. They're a bit pricey ~$6-7 a bag, though I've found it selling for $5 in local pet supply stores. I love the ingredients - for example, the grass-fed lamb treats' ingredients are: Lamb, Lamb Liver, Lamb Tripe, Mixed Tocopherols.

Something I've also done is buy Orijen's 12oz trial size bag of dry food and use those as treats. The local pet store here carries them for $5 a bag. I do include their calories in Smokey's daily caloric intake though.

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Smokey loves Orijen's freeze dried treats. They're a bit pricey ~$6-7 a bag, though I've found it selling for $5 in local pet supply stores. I love the ingredients - for example, the grass-fed lamb treats' ingredients are: Lamb, Lamb Liver, Lamb Tripe, Mixed Tocopherols.

Something I've also done is buy Orijen's 12oz trial size bag of dry food and use those as treats. The local pet store here carries them for $5 a bag. I do include their calories in Smokey's daily caloric intake though.
I use Orijen as treats, too, except 6 fishes. Vega loves it :)

ginjaninja

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats FREAK for Whole Life freeze dried treats; the cod and salmon are their favorite. It's only one ingredient, and you can break off small pieces or soak it in water to rehydrate.